Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Cape Town.Full disclaimer.
A poll of 30 countries and economies – drawn from across the globe – measuring levels of financial knowledge, showed South Africa to be at the bottom of the list.1
Avoid being a part of that statistic. Become empowered locally, to invest globally.
Gain the confidence to take ownership of your own financial well-being and make informed, responsible investment decisions.
This investment management online short course from UCT offers a practical guide to the world of financial investments. The course does not offer specific investment advice but rather empowers you with the diverse skills needed to intelligently manage your investment portfolio and be able to choose the right company, the right fund and the right investment strategy with confidence.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate of completion from the University of Cape Town in this online short course and be empowered with:
- The know-how required to articulate the relationship between the economy and investing
- The investigative skills needed for accessing offshore financial investments
- An understanding of the fundamental concepts of investing
- The ability to analyse different investment philosophies and constraints
- The ability to lead and estimate the basic return of an equity investment
- The expertise required to select a money market product and outline its characteristics
- The ability to apply the fundamental principles of pooled investing
- The knowledge to distinguish alternative asset classes and their associated financial markets and products
This UCT-backed investment management course is designed to give you the flexibility to work when it suits you. You’ll receive continued support and guidance from an expert tutor and your Success Manager as you progress through the weekly modules in your own time.
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: An introduction to investing
- Course Module 2: The effects of the economy
- Course Module 3: The share market
- Course Module 4: Interest bearing investments
- Course Module 5: Other asset classes and investments
- Course Module 6: Pooled investing
- Course Module 7: Offshore investments
- Course Module 8: Investment philosophies and constraints