Who should attend
- Fund Managers, employees
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors / CFO’s) of CIFs, of AIFMs and of Management Companies
About the course
With the participation in this seminar we anticipate that all participants enhance their knowledge and understanding with regards to the Cyprus Investment Fund industry. We wish to build their knowledge and provide them with all the necessary “equipment” that will assist them in performing their work on an efficient and effective manner.
- To enhance their knowledge on CySEC Law and Directives, UCITS Law, AIF Cyprus Law, ICIS Law and AIFM Directive
- To improve their knowledge in regards to the capital requirements for Cyprus Investment Funds and Cyprus Investment Fund Managers
- To gain an understanding in relation to the continuous obligations and reporting requirements of Cyprus Investment Funds and Cyprus Investment Fund Managers
- To understand the minimum legal requirements
- To understand the tax and VAT requirements
- AIF Cyprus Law / AIFMD
- AIF Cyprus Law
- Types of Funds Allowed by the New Law
- AIFM Directive
- UCITS Law
- Allowable Securities
- Investment Restrictions
- Custodial Obligations
- Capital Requirements for Management Companies
- Structure of Management Companies
- Evolution of ICIS LAW
- CIF collective investment scheme manager criteria
- Case Study
- Tax Implications for Cyprus Investment Funds
- Tax implications for Fund Managers
- Tax implications for Cyprus Investment Funds (ICIS, AIFs, UCITS)
- Tax implications for SPV structures
- VAT Treatment of Cyprus Investment Funds and Fund Managers
Mr. Alkis Konstantinou is a Financial Services Consultant, primarily focusing in the provision of regulatory Compliance Support & Internal Audit services to regulated financial entities. Alkis holds a BSc in International, European and Economic Studies from the University of Cyprus where he g...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.