Who should attend
This course is suitable for you if you have little or no knowledge of the London Metal Exchange’s operations and want to learn how these services can add value to your business.
- History, organisation and primary services of the LME
- Pricing methodology
- Introduction to hedging
- Prompt date structure and other LME terminology
- LME contracts
- Warehousing and fundamentals of delivery
- Trading at the LME and trading floor visit
- Understanding the role of an LME broker/dealer
- Clearing and LME Clear
- Regulation of the LME *Trading floor visit not possible on the virtual programme. *
About the course
This course can be attended as a stand-alone, one-day introduction. It also represents Module 1 of the following courses:
- LME 2-day Introductory Course (Modular Course)
- LME 3-day Introductory Course (Modular Course)
This course offers you a solid introduction to the services provided by the London Metal Exchange and demonstrates how these services can improve your organisation’s approach to price risk management. It provides a practical overview of operations, structure, products, trading terminology and procedures. Both theoretical and practical skills developed at this course can be applied easily in the workplace.
What will you learn?
- Become familiar with the LME’s prompt date structure and trading procedures
- Gain a full understanding of the LME’s market terminology
- Understand the benefits of the delivery process used by the LME
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of clearing and the role of LME Clear
- Learn how to access the LME through member firms and the role of a broker
Benefits for your organisation
Your organisation will benefit from having employees with a clear understanding of how the LME operates and how its core services of pricing, hedging, and delivery can benefit the company.
The course director has many years’ experience covering commodity markets, derivative pricing and structuring, and loan origination. After graduating from Trinity College, Dublin, with a BSc Hons, a gold medal and Foundation Scholarship in Mathematics, she commenced her banking career in the Gol...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.