Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Euromoney Learning Solutions.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This course can be attended as a stand-alone, one-day introduction. It also represents Module 1 of the following courses:
LME 2-day Introductory Course (Modular Course)
LME 3-day Introductory Course (Modular Course)
This course offers you a solid introduction to the services provided by the London Metal Exchange and demonstrates how these services can improve your organisation’s approach to price risk management. It provides a practical overview of operations, structure, products, trading terminology and procedures. Both theoretical and practical skills developed at this course can be applied easily in the workplace.
What will you learn?
- Become familiar with the LME’s prompt date structure and trading procedures
- Gain a full understanding of the LME’s market terminology
- Understand the benefits of the delivery process used by the LME
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of clearing and the role of LME Clear
- Learn how to access the LME through member firms and the role of a broker
Benefits for your organisation
Organisations will benefit from employees who have a clear understanding of how the LME operates and how its core services of pricing, hedging and delivery can benefit the company.
- History, organisation and primary services of the LME
- Pricing methodology
- Introduction to hedging
- Prompt date structure and other LME terminology
- LME contracts
- Warehousing and fundamentals of delivery
- Trading at the LME and trading floor visit (Trading floor not applicable outside of London)
- Understanding the role of an LME broker/dealer
- Clearing and LME Clear
- Regulation of the LME
Who should attend
This course is suitable for you if you have little or no knowledge of the London Metal Exchange’s operations and want to learn how these services can add value to your business.
Trust the experts
Robert is among the world’s most highly recognized commodity risk management educators and a long-time consultant to global industry. His unique insight and wisdom have been developed through 38 years of accumulated experience with base and ferrous metals, energy, soft commodities, shipping and c...