Introduction to Project Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Salford, Manchester.Full disclaimer.
Delivering successful change effectively and economically is one of the biggest challenges facing any business. The Project Management Skills workshop will equip delegates with the tools and techniques to manage projects of varying size without adding unnecessary time, effort or cost.
It is a practical workshop, drawing on the theory and practice of managing and delivering projects, and allows the participants the opportunity of developing their own project plans. The course introduces the PRINCE2 method and explains the relevance of Agile.
Some essential tools, techniques and pro formas will be shared through this project management skills course, which participants can start using immediately. This is a “hands-on” event, a must for any manager or leader wishing to deliver successful change through projects.
Day 1 – Theory of Project Management
Day 1 will look at the theory and project management techniques. Key topics include:
- Understanding Project Management and the Operating Environment
- Understand the Project Life cycle
- Project Management Planning
- Understanding Scheduling and Resource Management
- Understanding Project Quality Management
- Roles and stakeholder
- Key Planning tools
- Scope and Risk Management
- Motivation, leadership and Communication
Day 2 – Application of Project Management
Day 2 will allow you to apply the project management theory, techniques and tools learnt on Day 1 to your own project. This is an opportunity to immediately apply your learning and is ‘hands on’ which oversight from our expert tutor.
Learning outcomes of the project management course include:
- Immediately apply theory, techniques and tools to your own project
- Improving knowledge and understanding of project management principle
- Identifying and proactively managing project pitfalls
- Learning how to plan and structure a projects
- Examining some tools and techniques to help manage projects
- Developing strategies to deal with and minimise potential conflict
- Learning through discussion with fellow delegates
- Increase the quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency of your projects