Introduction to Marketing Metrics and ROI
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
We've designed this one day workshop to give you an overview of how marketing metrics can be used to measure marketing performance as well as the likely key metrics which should be used to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of your marketing efforts. It will demystify the ubiquitous concept of ‘ROI’ (Return on Investment) as well as give you a widely used basic formula with sample calculations.
- Design a basic marketing performance measurement system.
- Avoid common design, implementation and management pitfalls.
- Utilise common performance measurement frameworks eg. Balanced Scorecard.
- Develop internally consistent metrics (linked to ‘SMART’ objectives) using a ‘Metric Definition’ template.
- Calculate the ROI at strategic (client/customer/consumer) and tactical (mix) level.
- Measure the efficiency and the effectiveness of strategic and tactical marketing activities – including digital and social media.
- Develop plans with emphasis on good implementation, evaluation, control and feedback.
- Design and deliver appropriate and targeted marketing activity reports and indicators – including ‘Marketing Dashboard’.
- Ensure that marketing is seen as focused, accountable and adding value.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for people and organisations that understand the critical importance of measuring and evaluating their marketing activities and expenditure and are keen to do something about it. The content is broad in coverage and therefore whilst it covers all of the key aspects, it does so in ‘fundamentals’ as opposed to ‘in-depth’ manner.