Who should attend
This course is the perfect fit for students aiming to learn more about experience design, for brand, product or service innovation.
About the course
Experience design is a set of design practices focussed on creating positive emotions, impressions and memories which create an impact on the target audiences. It can be applied to services, products, user journeys, spaces, and events, and is considered the next frontier for differentiation in increasingly competitive markets. In this Experience Design course you will learn how to use design, spatial and behavioural strategies to design and project the experience you want your brand, product or service to deliver.
Each week will you will learn a new set of concepts, tools, and techniques, and will be given a practical assignment to put them into practice, allowing you to learn by applying and doing. The following week the tutor will provide you with individual feedback, posing questions and reflections to help you master the subject.
- Introduction the design of experiences
- Relevance of experience in a digital world
- Designing memories
- Designing experiences for users vs. Experiences for clients
- How to structure an experience
- Designing the beginning and end of experiences
- Perception and illusion
- Managing lasting experiences
By the end of the course you will have:
- Conducted a social and technology environment analysis
- Conducted visual research on behavioural patterns
- Understood the structure of a positive experience vs. a bad experience
- Increase your creative capabilities through design management
- Created a project capable of expanding your portfolio and present to potential clients.
Why choose a Central Saint Martins Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Central Saint Martins wherever you are in the world. Additionally all CSM Online Short Courses include
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Iñaki Arbelaiz Is a trained MsC Architect and Urbanist, MsC Industrial Design and UX, and has an extensive international experience working on spatial innovation and urban behaviour, innovation systems design and roll out, and creative and service-oriented organizational design. This experience i...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.