Who should attend
This short course is introductory and we don’t assume any previous knowledge or experience. Anyone with an interest in digital copywriting is welcome to attend.
This 3-hr workshop runs in the morning and repeats in the afternoon to enable you to select the individual session time that best suits you.
About the course
In this short (half-day) introductory course, you’ll have a chance to learn about some of the challenges that confront copywriters in the digital world and explore examples that provide inspiration and guide best practice.
The workshop is interactive and fast-paced, with opportunities for group discussion, as well as formal teaching. What do effective web pages look like? How can we sustain interest in longer pieces of online content? And how can we boost engagement in crowded social media environments?
During the course, you will be introduced briefly to two fundamental ideas. The first is the concept of ‘usability’ and the user experience online, while the second is the world of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and the role it plays in shaping copy.
- An appreciation of the digital copywriting process
- An understanding of what makes stronger online copy
- A basic familiarity with the ideas of usability and SEO
- An awareness of best practice, brought to life through examples
The CIM experience
- Expert trainers - Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Quality delivery - Trainers are assessed annually on the quality of their delivery and delegate engagement.
- Practical training methods - Theory and practical based training to take back to the office.
- Small class sizes - No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
- Wide breadth of topics - Marketers should understand marketing as a whole, not just digital.
- 3 learning levels - Principles, Intermediate and Advanced.
Phil Woodford is a former advertising creative director and practising copywriter, who has a wealth of experience of working with clients across a range of sectors. He lectures at University of the Arts London and Sup de Pub – the advertising and marketing faculty of French business school Groupe...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.