Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Senior managers in private, public and not-for-profit sectors who have been appointed recently, or are about to transition into, a wider, more strategic director role, who need to learn how to create value for the organisation and self at director level.
About the course
This programme is designed to prepare senior managers moving into director level roles, building exceptional levels of strategic, high performance and self-aware leadership skills. You will transform from being a senior manager into an insightful and impactful leader in a director level role.
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- Deep insights that challenge your assumptions in taking up a director role, through working with programme peers, coaches, faculty and external speakers.
- Actionable knowledge through focusing on thinking, self-insight and implementable actions. ‘Leadership is a journey, not a destination.’
The content is centred on sessions and experiences that deliver an immersive learning and growth experience over three modules. This is combined with inter modular application, peer-to-peer coaching and formal coaching support whilst working on plans for your business area.
The programme incorporates content including:
- External perspectives and global trends.Corporate and competitive strategy.
- Strategy formation capabilities.
- Operational and people strategy.
- Innovation and change.
Leadership and personal effectiveness
- Leadership at director level.
- Deep insights into self and others.
- Develop a growth mind-set.
- Social capital.
- Personal impact and influence.
In order to further enhance your personal effectiveness as a director this programme incorporates psychometric assessments to determine and maximise your leadership impact.
Throughout your Cranfield experience you will benefit from executive coaching which is focused on your growth as a leader and integrated into the programme structure including a face to face review after six months of starting the programme and a virtual review after 12 months.
The programme is split into three modules, the first is delivered via our virtual learning environment which should take approximately 8 hours to complete. This is followed by two Cranfield residential modules which are 5 days each. You will benefit from coaching sessions following each module, plus a face to face review at six months and a virtual review at 12 months.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Enhanced strategy formulation and implementation capability.
- Benefitting from leaders who are successful in balancing the long term perspective while delivering short term value.
- Leaders who understand and bring in the big picture, external perspectives and trends for the benefit of the business
- Greater innovation and organisational change capability
- Benefitting from leaders who are connected in the truest sense to self, colleagues, market, industry and the organisation.
Peter is an engineering and MBA graduate with extensive business and management experience across many industries and functions. He specialises in the design, development and delivery of executive development programmes. He has worked with organisations across continents to deliver educational p...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.