Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
About the course
IoT – the most transformative disruption of recent times – puts smart connected objects to work in the physical world by fitting them with network-connected sensors/actuators, thereby enabling mass-scale digitalization. Since leveraging technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency is an important goal for every contemporary business, IoT to them is not merely a technology, it’s a leadership opportunity to shift the ways companies can achieve valuable, inimitable differentiation. In fact, IoT’s true value lies in its disruptive potential for reimagining business through rewiring of cyber-physical-systems by interconnecting machines, facilities, goods, robots, and even people into a smart ecosystem; feeding the resulting data into analytics applications; and improving actions taken by humans/machines. From demystifying and defining IoT to creating a roadmap for its real-world applications, this MDP explores the ideal opportunities with IoT for your specific industry, and explains how (a) linking IoT strategies to the company’s core business processes, operational models and managerial roles, and (b) focusing on resulting organizational change and flexibility enable companies to adjust to rapidly changing digital environment toward achieving competitive edge.
The program aims to help managers envision and lead IoT-based business transformations, not just understand the technical elements. The goal is to demystify IoT jargon so that managers can plan to achieve the strategic advantage IoT makes possible. The content provides many examples where IoT is already transforming customer experience, operations and business models. In short, the programme introduces the participants to the necessary skill components, technologies, enablers and constraints for using IoT in business. Whether you’re a manager, senior leader, entrepreneur, or a new business owner, this program will help you identify how IoT will affect your organization, as well as better understand how to capitalize on the opportunities IoT provides. The program’s teachings are transferable across a multitude of industries, helping you have a greater influence in your organization. For instance, if you’re involved in the field of operations, this program will help you have a direct impact on production strategy using IoT. This program is also aimed at those in more technical roles who would like to take on a leadership or managerial role in implementing a unique and effective IoT-enabled business strategy for their organizations.
IoT is a growing field that is unfolding significant impact on business operations and strategy with every passing year. The following modules contribute to the holistic approach this programme takes:
- An overview of IoT – To explore the inner workings of IoT and some of the key technologies that make it possible so as to understand how these can improve organizational productivity and add value. Customers want seamless experience, but can companies do it using IoT and make any money out of it? Does the software industry offer a possible model for finding revenue from IoT-based products and services?
- Leveraging Smart Products and Services – For instance, how IoT-enabled Smart buildings aim to add value for real estate companies. As the health care system increasingly values efficiency and outcomes, IoT applications are changing medtech strategy, business models, and operations. While some changes will be incremental, others will be transformative. Yet the need to capture value remains as acute as ever.
- Aligning IoT and Strategy – This module demonstrates the role of leadership and technological capabilities in implementing IoT for strategic advantage in business. Also, it tells you how to recommend strategies for developing the necessary skills and foundational capabilities to support the implementation of IoT technologies within an organization.
- Value Creation and Capture – In the IoT ecosystem, companies share space with players from adjacent industries; some will be competitors, others collaborators. The established principles of strategic differentiation, process flow, and network economics will go a long way toward revealing a path to long-term success. And there is the derivative effect: How connected value chain can make IoT technology pay off.
- Privacy and Security Issues – Regulations should do more than tell companies what they can’t do—rules should help guide corporate players through minefields of uncertainty. It’s a lot of responsibility, especially when it comes to still-developing IoT technology that holds great promise—and real risks.
Who should attend
This program is designed for those who want to plan the transformation IoT will bring, by leading a competitive business strategy within their organization and capitalizing on the skills necessary for the change. The content especially helps the managers ensure that their business stays relevant by exploring the opportunities for potential application of IoT. Moreover, if you realize IoT is a strategic concern that needs to be prioritized by leaders, and that it is not exclusive to IT experts, you must attend this programme.
Trust the experts
Dr. Debashis Saha, a Professor in the MIS area, has been teaching IT for more than 25 years now. In the full-time executive programmes in IIMC, he has designed and delivered IoT-related courses for Managers, Team Leaders, and Senior Executives. He has delivered several thought-leadership lectures...