Internet of Things: Business Implications and Opportunities (self-paced Online)
Explore the opportunities for your business with IoT, from demystifying and defining IoT to creating a roadmap for its real-world application. The program aims to help people envision and lead IoT-based transformations, not just understand the technical elements. The goal is to demystify IoT jargon so that managers can start to achieve the strategic advantage IoT makes possible.
This 6-week online executive program will look at the field of IoT, which is commonly understood to entail the inter-networking of devices in the physical world by fitting them with sensors and network-connected devices. While most courses today treat IoT as a technological topic, this course takes a different approach. IoT is not a technology, it's a leadership opportunity; a mechanism to transform businesses. The program aims to help people envision and lead IoT-based transformations, not just understand the technical elements. The goal is to demystify IoT jargon so that managers can start to achieve the strategic advantage IoT makes possible. The course will provide participants with an introduction to the necessary technologies, skill components, and enablers and constraints for using IoT in a business. It provides many examples where IoT is already transforming customer experience, operations and business models. It also explains the four key elements of leadership capability that make transformation possible through IoT. Real-world case studies, senior executive interviews, self-assessments, and practical assignments will guide participants as they construct a personal roadmap to gain strategic advantage from IoT.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the role of leadership and technological capabilities in implementing IoT for strategic advantage in business
- Assess the mastery of digital capabilities in an organization
- Evaluate the mastery of leadership capabilities in an organization
- Articulate how key IoT technologies can improve organizational productivity and add value
- Recommend strategies for developing the necessary skills and foundational capabilties to support the implementation of IoT technologies within an organization
- Create a roadmap for the implementation of IoT in a business context
Orientation Module: Welcome to Your Online
- CampusModule 1: Demystifying the Internet of ThingsModule 2: Leading IoT - Levels of MasteryModule 3: Leadership Capabilities
- Module 4: Overview of Key IoT Technologies
- Module 5: Aligning IoT and Strategy
- Module 6: Creating an IoT Roadmap for the Future
Who should attend
IoT is a growing field that is likely to have a significant impact on business operations and efficiency in the next few years. If your company would benefit from an increased ability to coordinate and control aspects of productivity, this IoT program is for you. Whether you’re a middle manager, senior manager, entrepreneur with an existing company, or a new business owner, this program will help you identify how IoT will affect your organization, as well as better understand how to capitalize on the opportunities IoT provides. If you’re involved in the field of operations, this program will help you have a direct impact on production strategy using IoT. This program is also aimed at those in more technical roles who would like to take on a leadership or managerial role in implementing a unique and effective business strategy for their organization. The program’s teachings are transferrable across a multitude of industries, helping you have a greater influence in your organization.
This program is for you if:
- You want to plan for the transformation IoT will bring by leading a competitive business strategy within your organization, capitalizing on the skills necessary for change
- You realize IoT is a business opportunity and a strategic concern that needs to be prioritized by leaders, and that it is not exclusive to IT experts
- You want to ensure your business stays relevant by exploring the opportunities for potential application of IoT