Who should attend
- Officers with 2 years of experience ready to assume new responsibilities in Trade Finance
- Customer Service Officers servicing International Trade players
- Compliance and Risk Officers recently assigned responsibilities for International Trade without prior exposure to this business segment
About the course
Trade is the life blood of the global economy with a value of over $20 Trillion USD worldwide. Global commerce continues to evolve at ever increasing speed that requires a qualified staff. This evolution into the digital age for trade is a challenge for most banks to continually trained and updated there trade staff on the latest techniques in Trade Finance. Growing in importance is the ability to identify the inherent risks involved in handling international trade and to provide the banks staff with the tools in order to identify risks at an early stage. The International Trade Finance Certificate is uniquely designed to provide a qualified overview that manages the balance between meeting the businesses objectives while complying with an ever changing regulatory environment.
The International Trade Finance Certificate is driven through a series of modules that provide the end-to-end understanding of International Trade and the key players. It is designed to help professionals learn the language of International Trade and the rules that govern Trade instruments. Focus will be given to the needs and expectations of each player in any given trade transaction. Throughout the course the professional will review Trade Products, Services and Finance features, learning how and when to use them. This involves both understanding how to structure an effective Trade Finance offering and the risks embedded in any International Trade deal as well as reviewing proper compliance strategies.
- Trade Basics Overview
- Identifying and understanding client’s International Trade business flows
- Identifying and understanding each party’s needs and expectations
- Mastering the use of International Trade Products
- Reducing the impact of Trade Exposure on the Bank’s Balance Sheet
- Trade-based Money Laundering
- Understand the International Trade flows and the key players
- Learn the language of International Trade and the needs and expectations of each player in any given transaction
- Review Trade Services and Finance features and learn how and when to use them
- Understand how to structure an effective Trade Services and Trade Finance offering for clients
- Understand the Risks embedded in any International Trade deal, including political risk
- Learn how basic International Trade Risk Mitigation techniques work
- Learn how to use product features in different situations
- Identify trade-base AML
- Cement all these concepts through case studies
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.