About the course
Analyze the sector from an international perspective and master the common elements of successful property operations: a long-term focus, professionalized management and solid financing sources. Discover why it’s no longer just about “location, location, location.
- Learn how to use the right quantitative financial tools to analyze investments, boost profitability and hedge risks.
- Evaluate opportunities in the real estate markets using macroeconomic and microeconomic approaches. It is no longer about “location, location, location,” but about “location, timing, financing and good management”.
- Discover the best practices of the real estate industry and how to assess (and avoid) real estate bubbles.
- Learn how big data and new technologies can help you make better decisions and sounder investments
The program is based on the case method and is divided in 4 main areas:
Real Estate Finance
- Examine quantitative tools to analyze real estate projects and investments.
- Understand the specific characteristics of real estate different types of assets: Residential, Hotels, Retail, Offices, Industrial, etc.
- Analyze the impact of real estate in the financial statements of firms.
*Macroeconomics and microeconomics *
- Understand the macroeconomic environment and its connection to real estate activities. Focus on relevant economic indicators.
- Analysis of business cycles, supply and demand, booms-and-busts in prices, and the effects of public policies.
- Examine the impact of “big data” and new technologies
- Discover the risks of disruption in the real estate industry.
The “International Real Estate” program employs a series of authentic real-estate case studies that examine the most pressing issues facing the industry today. The case methodology is complemented by interactive lectures and seminars with industry experts, who offer their frontline insights on the present and future of the real estate sector.
Who should attend
The “International Real Estate” program is designed for real estate professionals (architects, lawyers, notaries, appraisers, engineers, etc.), developers, financial institutions active in the realty sector, investors, consulting firms, civil servants and firms that require property assets for their distribution, retail, utilities and hotel operations.
People who took this course work for
Trust the experts
Areas of Interest Asset Pricing Real Estate Finance Risk Management Term Structure Modeling Real Options Carles Vergara-Alert is an Assistant Professor at the IESE''s Financial Management Department. He earned his PhD in Business Administration (Finance and Real Estate) from the University of...
Areas of Interest Strategic management and Information Systems ICT-enabled innovation Organizational learning The impact of ICT on work-practices Technology-driven industry transformation Dr. Sandra Sieber is currently Full Professor and Head of the Department of Information Systems at IESE B...
José Luis Suárez
Areas of Interest Institutional and retail investment in real estate Structured real estate finance Mortgage markets Second homes Corporate financial policies and M&A José Luis Suárez is professor in the Financial Management Department and academic director of the Centre for Financial Res...
Areas of Interest Public Economics Public management Health economics Núria Mas is professor and head of the Economics Department at IESE Business School and holder of the Jaime Grego Chair of Healthcare Management. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from Harvard University and a B.A. in Economic...