International Mergers and Acquisitions Expert (IM&A)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Singapore Management University.Full disclaimer.
A unique end-to-end understanding of M&A, blending academic theory with real-world insights
The forces of globalization and technological change have created a highly competitive and dynamic business world where mergers and acquisitions are increasingly used to seek competitive advantage and maximize value for shareholders. Treating M&A as a strategic capability can give companies an edge that their peers will struggle to replicate.
The International Mergers and Acquisitions (IM&A) Certificate Programme gives you a unique end-to-end understanding of M&A, blending academic theory with real-world insights. Constructed by leading faculty members and M&A industry experts, the IM&A training provides an invaluable foundation for choosing the right acquisition, excelling at cross-functional due diligence, getting the valuation right, implementing a smooth post merger integration, and more. Gaining the IM&A designation signals to employers, colleagues, and clients that you are invested in being the best M&A professional you can be.
The International Mergers & Acquisitions Expert (IM&A) programme dives deep into the entire M&A process—from strategy and valuation to execution and post-merger management (PMI).
Whether managing or advising a merger or acquisition for your company or assisting your clients, we will equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to skip the common pitfalls and succeed.
In the highly interactive on-site course, you’ll take your skills to the next level by practicing:
- Expanding your M&A perspective Hone new target identification strategies and advanced synergy analyses to close the best deals and navigate common post-merger integration pitfalls.
- Mapping out the negotiation landscape Identifying the true stakeholders and likely competitors for the target ahead of time, so you’re ready with the right strategies and tactics for closing the transaction without trouble.
- Expanding your M&A perspective By “looking ahead and reasoning back,” you’ll practice implementing exceptional value analysis and comprehensive due diligence so you can lead your team into unlocking the most lucrative merger and acquisition opportunities.
Essentials of M&A/ Due Diligence Part 1
- M&A Process: Sell-side & Buy-side
- Strategies for M&A
- Success Factors in Transactions
- Introduction to Due Diligence
- Legal Due Diligence
Due Diligence Part 2
- Financial DD
- Tax DD
- Legal DD
- HR DD
- Other DD Areas and Challenges in Cross-border M&A
- Deal Financing & Payment Structure
- Valuation Techniques (DCF, Multiples)
- Deal Design Structure
- Private Equity
- Integration Project Management and Work Stream Coordination
- Function Integration
- Synergy Identification and Extraction
- Communication Channel Optimization and Change Management
- Business-as-usual and Quick Win
Who should attend
IMAA trains and cooperates with a wide variety of professionals. Our trainings comprise mostly of CEOs, CFOs, corporates, investment bankers, legal and financial advisors and chartered accountants from reputable organizations.