Who should attend
This program is for senior leaders and decision makers who have the ambition to innovate and successfully transform learning & development practices in their organizations. We are looking for candidates that are self-directed and active learners; eager to share and facilitate; are critical thinkers, willing to reflect on their behaviors and mindsets; and open to experiment with different methods.
The program aims at professionals who:
- Have roles in learning & development, leadership development, talent or human resources.
- Work in leading roles for L&D solutions providers.
- Provide Learning & development advisory.
About the course
The defining attributes of the 21st century economy and the fourth industrial revolution are innovation, technology, globalization and rapid pace of change. Therefore, an organization’s capacity to enhance the capabilities of its workforce and create a culture of continuous learning increasingly vital to remaining competitive. These trends make an effective learning and Leadership development (L&D) function more critical than ever. L&D efforts need to be closely aligned with the business strategy and support learning at the speed of business.
Effective Learning and leadership development programs are designed based on evidence based practices for adult learning.
This 6-months blended learning journey immerses participants with the latest insights and leading practices in L&D Leadership which will drive business impact. The modern learning design involve innovative delivery methods and pedagogy such as discovery learning, flipped classroom, on-the job assignments, digital learning, virtual classrooms, group work, peer coaching and mentoring.
Key design principes
- Co-created and designed by leading practitioners and academic experts from Nyenrode Business Universiteit and IE University.
- Learning journey with an optimal blended experience.
- Flipped classroom design including 2 x 3,5 days immersive classroom experiences. No traditional PowerPoint lectures.
- Focus on the acquisition of expertise, skill building and developing new mindsets.
- Evidence and practice based.
- Leverage Crossknowledge’s distinctive online learning platform and virtual classrooms.
- Peer coaching and social learning.
- Engagement of external coaches/ mentors. Important role for personal reflection.
- Application of learning: participants will develop and deliver a personal project.
The learning journey reflects different dimensions of McKinsey Learning & Development ACADEMIES framework. This framework covers all all aspects, from L&D functions, to setting measuring impact.
This six-month program is based on proven instructional strategies and provides the most sophisticated, effective and efficient learning experience for participants. The modern learning design involves innovative delivery methods and pedagogy such as discovery learning, flipped classroom, on-the-job assignments, digital learning, virtual classrooms, group work, peer coaching and mentoring.
The learning journey has two modules.
Module 1: Strategic learning & development for impact
- Business and Workforce Trends
- People Capability Development
- Learning Culture and Lifelong Learning
- L&D Organizational Archetypes
- L&D Governance
- Harnessing Learning Analytics
- Measurement & Reporting
- Integrated Talent Management
- Learning Needs Analyses
- Learning Solutions Portfolio
- Beliefs About Learning
- The Deliberately Developing Organization
Module 2: Leading l&d innovation and transformation
- Your Business Challenge
- Learning Gallery
- Designing Leadership Development Journeys
- Best Practices in Learning Design
- Shaping Workplace Learning
- The Neurosciences and Practices of Leading Change
- Optimizing the Partnership with IT
- Engaging the Learner
- Marketing Learning
- Visual Thinking and Drawing
- Trends in Learning Technologies & Tools
- Agile L&D Leadership
Dr. Nick van Dam is an internationally recognized thought leader, adviser, researcher, author, and speaker on learning innovations and leadership development. Nick has over 30 years of business experience as a former partner, Chief Learning Officer, HR Executive, and Client Advisor at McKinsey &a...
Jan Rijken is the former Chief Learning Officer for KPMG, ABNAMRO and Mercedes-Benz and is a recognized thought leader in the international Learning & Talent community. In his current role as Director of the Crossknowledge Learning Institute, Jan’s main goal is to share his experience and kno...
Jacqui has multiple professional identities. She is an international business professional, academic and (co-) author of currently 16 books/bookchapters, articles and papers. She is results-driven, has a strong track-record of delivery and brings a no-nonsense business professional approach. Curr...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.