International Corporate Coaching (ICC)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Singapore Management University.Full disclaimer.
Corporate coaching is more than just listening, sharing and motivating others. It is a skill-based approach to help those being coached (‘coachees’) gain a deeper awareness of what matters, where they want to progress professionally, and how to get there in the best and fastest possible way.
Increasingly, in addition to dedicated external and internal coaches, senior and mid-level executives within organisations are now required to master this approach and contribute to the development of a corporate coaching culture.
The ICC programme is the most comprehensive and highest level corporate coach development programme in Asia for the following reasons:
- It combines the expertise of a regional executive coaching company, Progress-U, with the academic and business knowledge of a highly reputable Asia business school, SMU.
- A ratio of 12 participants is paired to a facilitator, allowing for extensive direct interaction with the facilitators.
- Designed and developed in Asia, all case studies and role plays are based on real coaching situations in the region while adopting the latest global ideas and approaches.
- It is the only coach certification programme in Asia that is both Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC) Level 1 accredited and Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) approved with the International Coach Federation (ICF). At the end of the programme, participants will receive:
- SMU/Progress-U International Corporate Coaching ('ICC') certificate
- Registered Corporate Coach ('RCC') certificate with WABC
Structure of the Programme
The International Corporate Coaching (ICC) programme consists of four modules. Each module comprises the following:
- One two-day interactive workshop (max.12 participants per workshop)
- Maximum 30 participants for Module 1a only
- Two 90-minute tele-classes
- Four 90-minute peer coaching sessions
- One book reading assignment
- One 120-minute 'deep dive' session into a specific coaching related topic based on latest research provided by SMU-ExD
Two faculty members, both highly experienced executive coaches, are dedicated to all four modules and are available to provide continuous support.
Who should attend
- Corporate executives who would like to develop their corporate coaching skills
- HR executives and consultants who wish to add corporate coaching to their portfolio of services provided to clients
- Individuals who want to start the journey to become internationally certified corporate coaches
- Coaches who have not completed enough coach training hours and/or coaching hours to become certified
Participants may wish to complete all four modules or a selection of modules, depending on their current level of coach training and their desired outcome.