Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
HR, ER and EEO professionals who want to gain in-depth expertise in managing the internal EEO complaint process
About the course
Handling employee complaints internally is a highly sensitive, multi-faceted process that involves many people. This workshop provides you with a practice-based, step-by-step approach to enhance your understanding of:
- The internal complaint handling process from A to Z
- The legal requirements organizations must observe
- Necessary technical and communication skills
Part I of the Employee Investigations Program
- Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of EEO and employment laws or completion of HR and the Law, The Law of EEO or Legal Issues in the Workplace.
- Upon completion of this workshop, we offer Advanced Employee Investigations: Part II.
The complaint process
- Defining the role of the complaint handler
- Comparing complaint processes
- Handling the emotional aspects of complaints
- Effective communication skills for complaint handlers
- Essential interviewing questions
- Legal concerns: EEO and employment laws, confidentiality, and no retaliation
Structuring an investigation
- Stating the issues in terms of policy and laws
- Using information-gathering techniques
- Interviewing complainants and accused persons
- Determining when to involve an attorney
- Identifying solutions, interventions, or resolutions
- Monitoring and following up on complaints
Evaluating the effectiveness of the complaint process
Simulated employee complaints, including p1ractice sessions, role play, professional critiquing, and skill pointers
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...
Wasserman Law is a management-side employment law firm whose practice is devoted exclusively to fostering compliance with employment laws and minimizing the risk of workplace liability. We provide practical advice and solutions to address your everyday human resource questions and problems. Our...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.