Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Creating Coaching Organizations for Breakthrough Performance
The Internal Coach Intensive is intended for human resource leaders who wish to understand how best to create a bona fide coaching culture within their organization. The key benefits are as follows:
- STRATEGICALLY Strategically embed coaching capabilities into organizational culture (a systems approach)
- ALIGN Align coaching with other core organizational "people practices" (e.g., performance management, succession planning and business priorities).
- DESIGN Design a comprehensive and integrated system for the assessment, measurement, and evaluation of coaching effectiveness.
- MANAGE Manage external coaches and vendor relations.
- CREATE Create an approach for building internal coaching capability in leaders and managers and other strategic stakeholders in your organization.
- PRACTICE Practice the essential leadership coaching skills and competencies needed to guide internal coaching systems in organizations.
- DETERMINE Determine the Return of Investment (ROI) for coaching processes and programs.
Managers, Leaders, Human Resources, Organization Development and Training Professionals committed to creating organizational cultures that leverage coaching to promote individual growth and performance will start the certification process with this 5-day residential intensive. This intensive focuses on the unique requirements needed to help organizations build and grow internal coaching programs and supporting systems.
In addition to being introduced to the core phases of the coaching process and given opportunities to build coaching skills, participants will learn a systems approach to designing and implementing coaching programs that align with strategic priorities of the organization.
Participants will learn to achieve outstanding results for coaching programs by: (1) establishing the business/organizational "case" for coaching; (2) diagnosing readiness for coaching; (3) acquiring support (senior executive sponsors and other key stakeholder groups); (4) determining explicit coaching role and responsibilities; (5) defining coaching goals and desired results; (6) monitoring and measuring progress; and(7) aligning with strategy and core people practices (e.g., on-boarding, leadership development, talent management, transition planning, performance management and session planning).
Participants will also examine creative and high-impact communication approaches for positioning coaching processes internally.
Dr. Terrence E. Maltbia is a seasoned professional with over 30 years of diverse experience as an external and internal organizational effectiveness consultant, thought leader and educator. Dr. Maltbia came to Teachers College after two years of running his own consulting practice, Organizational...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.