Who should attend
This course is for anyone with an interest in interior design who would like to know more about how to predict and react to interior trends. You may go on to study design in more detail or set up your own interior design or trend forecasting business.
About the course
Join this interior trend forecasting short course and gain the practical skills and knowledge to incorporate trends into new interior spaces. You will develop an awareness of past and current home interior trends and learn how to anticipate and track emerging trends in the interior design space.
You will learn about the different factors that drive new trends, from materials and manufacturing processes, to popular culture and political influences. You will also be introduced to how social media shapes home fashion trends, how to apply trends to interiors, interior colour trends and timeless design. There will be an emphasis on home design trends and interior styling and you will be encouraged to create moodboards and concept boards to showcase certain trends.
Through weekly online classes you will gain insight into how interior designers source and predict trends. You will be set weekly research tasks, such as creating moodboards, looking at store layouts and creating trend timelines.
On this course you will learn how trends can be
- Identifying trends in interior design past and present - how are they established and what are their significance?
- How fashion in interiors links with trends in fashion
- What types of trends are important to design?
- How trends are useful for interior design
- Moodboards and conceptual planning
- What does the future hold for trends?
- Influencers who shape trends
- How does social media influence trends?
- Trends around the world
- How and how not to apply trends to interiors
- Timeless design
- How to depict trends from locations
- How interior designers source trends
- Current trends to watch out for
- Trend timelines
By the end of this course you will have:
- Established key places to look to spot emerging interior design trends
- Created moodboards, concept boards and trend timelines
- Explored how trends are created and shaped
- Learnt methods to incorporate trends into your own designs
Why choose a Chelsea Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Chelsea College of Arts wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all Chelsea Online Short Courses include:
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Chelsea Certificate upon completion
I began my career as a stylist in homeware at Marks & Spencer alongside a university degree for Interior Design Decoration in which I achieved a First Class Honours Degree. Since then I have won a national award for 'Interior Designer of the year 2015’ and I have worked with some of the best ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.