Intensive Course in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard Medical School.Full disclaimer.
CNBS offers a 5-day intensive course in TMS three times per year.
This intensive transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) course provides a unique opportunity for hands-on learning of the basic principles, standards of use, and potential applications of TMS in clinical neurophysiology, cognitive neuroscience, neurology, and psychiatry. It is a one-week course offered three times per year. The course is conducted in small groups of up to 24 participants with formal teaching sessions and ample practical exposure. At the end of the course participants will have learned and directly experienced how to determine motor threshold, how to record motor evoked potentials, how to conduct cortical mapping, silent period, input-output curve, and paired-pulse TMS studies, and how to safely apply repetitive TMS. Participants will have also learned how to design TMS studies, write TMS protocols and interpret findings of TMS studies.
Other courses you may want to consider
Intensive Review of Internal Medicine
With more than 120 interactive lectures, case discussions, and board preparation sessions, this CME program is the most comprehensive review of internal medicine offered by the clinical faculty of Harvard Medical School.
It offers accelerated learning:
For clinicians seeking a practical and comprehensive review that ensures they are up to date across all major fields of internal medicine:
- Newer options for diagnosis: what to choose, when, and why
- Treatment and care management strategies to optimize patient outcomes
- How to avoid medical mistakes
- Improved approaches to common and complex clinical challenges
- Navigating screening controversies
For physicians preparing to certify or recertify and are seeking a thorough, proven preparatory course in advance of their taking the ABIM board examination:
- Daily board review questions
- Sessions to guide efficient preparation and study
- Exam practice sessions with an audience response system that provides immediate feedback
- 2,000-page syllabus and home study guide
- Test-taking strategies and skills development
- A copy of the 3rd edition of The Brigham Intensive Review of Internal Medicine
In the past year, there have been a staggering number of critically important updates that need to be understood and incorporated into the practice of general internal medicine to ensure optimal patient care and outcomes.
The 41st Annual Intensive Review of Internal Medicine (IRIM) synthesizes this vast amount of information and presents it with efficiency and effectiveness to ensure that you are current with these updates and the best ways to incorporate them into practice.
For those of you who are preparing to certify or recertify, we complement this education with extensive board examination preparation and test-taking skills.
Sessions and board preparation span all major fields of internal medicine and are led by Harvard Medical School’s most distinguished clinical faculty in the fields of:
- CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
- CRITICAL CARE
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- PULMONARY MEDICINE
- WOMEN’S HEALTH
- ALLERGY and IMMUNOLOGY
- HOSPITAL MEDICINE
- GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE
Who should attend
- PHYSICIANS, NPs, PAs seeking a comprehensive update of the state-of-the-art in Internal Medicine
- PHYSICIANS preparing to certify/recertify