Who should attend
This program is designed for senior-level leaders within their organizations, as well as those on the fast track to such roles, who are able to affect change at the organizational level. Positions include:
- Chief Risk Officers
- Chief Investment Officers
- Chief Operations Officers AVP, SVP, or EVPS
About the course
In a volatile, uncertain globalized world, how can business executives gain strategic advantage and improve decision quality? How can they sift through the noise to understand what is truly important for long-term business success? How do they test assumptions to avoid costly mistakes?
In a word: Intelligence. Intelligence is a professional discipline as valuable to business decision making as law, finance, or strategy.
Built out of a strategic partnership between Crumpton Group and Thunderbird School of Global Management, Intelligence for Business brings together veteran intelligence experts and leading global leadership faculty to deliver a transformative 3-day program. The program teaches senior leaders, and those moving up within the organization to lead, how to apply the intelligence discipline to address their most vexing decision making challenges.
- Learn how the intelligence discipline is used by senior leaders around the world to gain decision advantage.
- Explore a proven, systematic approach that applies the intelligence discipline to a business environment.
- Participants bring a specific intelligence challenge from their organization that they will work on with guidance from intelligence experts.
- Deeper knowledge transfer via a blend of peer-to-peer discussion, facilitator-led learning experience and one-on-one engagement.
Intensive examination of challenges and opportunities specific to intelligence usage.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding of what is and isn't intelligence.
- Why the intelligence discipline can make the difference between business success and failure.
- Importance of developing an "Intelligence Mindset". How to respond to intelligence about threats, risks and opportunities.
- Impacts of digital transformation in organizations and industries and how this influences the future of work.
Kenneth Sawka is a part-time lecturer in the Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence Analysis and Master of Arts in Homeland Security programs, where he teaches online and in-person courses in intelligence analysis, intelligence and homeland security, and policymaker use of intelligence. Sawka ...
Frank Archibald retired from the CIA in 2015 as the Director of the National Clandestine Service an assignment in which he led all of CIA’s operations worldwide. His 31 years of CIA service included assignments in Latin America, Africa, the Balkans, Southeast and Southwest Asia. Frank held senior...
Patrick Lynch serves as a clinical assistant professor and senior director of innovation and research at Thunderbird School of Global Management. He teaches in multiple courses including Big Data Analytics in the Global Economy for Thunderbird Master's programs, Decision Making and Leadership Cog...
Dr. Matthew Spence is Affiliate at CISAC, and a Managing Director at Guggenheim Partners, where he focuses on cybersecurity and emerging technologies. Prior to entering the private sector, Dr. Spence spent six years in senior national security positions in the U.S. government. From 2012 to 201...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.