Who should attend
This course is intended for quality control engineers and quality managers, all organizations aim to establish and implement the IMS, those who have existed quality systems and seek to transfer to the IMS, certificate bodies for quality and all internal and external auditors for the following quality systems (ISO 9001/2008 – ISO 14001/2004 – OHSAS 18001/2007.
About the course
Today many organizations have adopted or are adopting formal management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, ISO/TS 16949 and OHSAS 18001. Instead of having multiple systems, organizations are questioning WHY NOT have JUST ONE management system that compasses ALL management systems standards and be able to accommodate future process and system changes into that one structure for the organization as a whole.
This course advocates an integrated approach to minimize disruptions to operations as well as a process-based approach that is especially helpful in identifying weal links between processes and opportunities for improvement.
The participants will be able to understand the business process development and management into an integrated management system.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Introduce and gain knowledge on the concept of integrated management system
- Analyze the integrated management system requirements and the common management systems standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Recognize the methodology and process for establishing an integrated management system as well as the core concepts of integrated management system
- Use the common management system requirements as a framework for integration
- Develop, document and implement an integrated management system
- Assess and review the IMS performance and improvement
Understanding the Structure of the ISO 9001:2008
- What is Quality
- What are Our Customer and their Requirements
- What is the Quality System
- What is the Quality Assurance
- What is ISO
- ISO 9001:2008 Structure
Understanding the Structure of the ISO 14001:2004
- Understand Environmental Management Definitions, Concepts and Guidelines
- Understand the Requirements of the ISO 14001 Standard
- Interpret the Causes of ISO 14001
- Understand the Importance and Benefits of an Environmental Managements Systems
- Who to Establish the ISO 9001:2008 Manual
Understanding the Structure of OHSAS 18001/2007
- Understand the Basic Concepts of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the Terminology of OH&S Management Systems
- Explore the Intent and Interpretation of the Individual Clauses of BH OHSAS 18001:2007
- Gain a Basic Understanding of How an OH&S Management System can be Integrated into Existing Environmental Management Systems
- Understand the Registration Process for BS OHSAS 18001:2007
Establishing and Implementing the Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Introduction and Problem Definition
- What Do We Mean by an Integrated Management System?
- What Should Management Systems be Integrated?
- Management System-What Does a System Compromise Of?
- Which Management Systems Standards Can Be Integrated?
- Quality Management System
- Environmental Management
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Management System Targets
- Integrated Management System
- Typical IMS Structure
- Case Study and Company Profile
- Steps to Developing an Integrated Management System
Workshop about Implementing the Integrated Management System (IMS)
- How to Write the IMS Procedures
- How to Write the IMS Policy and Procedures
- How to Design the Goals and Programs for the Quality, Environment and Safety in the IMS
- IMS Implementation Project Steps
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.