Integrated Management Program
Foundations for Advanced Managerial Decision Making
This fast-paced five-day course provides an integrated understanding of business: financial management, operations, performance management, marketing and strategy. The objective is to give you a holistic view of decision making in business and an advanced perspective on managing increasingly complex organizations.
You will learn from award-winning faculty from the UBC Sauder School of Business, who will challenge you to stretch beyond your current horizons. You will also expand your capabilities in a variety of business functions by engaging in applied, skill-building exercises.
- Appreciate the interrelationships between multiple functional areas
- Acquire new insights and perspectives, for a more sophisticated view of business complexities
- Deepen your understanding of analytical processes
- Improve the quality of your business decisions
- Evaluate business challenges and opportunities
- Cultivate a high-level strategic approach to business management
- Increase your skill set in a variety of areas
- Deliver value to your organization on many levels
- Learn from award-winning UBC Sauder School of Business MBA faculty
- Integrating your perspective on business
- Financial accounting: overview of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Operations: overview of operations management, managing business process flows and supply chains, increasing efficiency and lowering costs, resource management
- Performance management: best practices, connecting performance goals to competitive strategy, measuring performance, managing performance problems, the influence of compensation on performance
- Marketing: analyzing external and internal environments, segmenting customers, building value propositions and centering your market position, using the marketing mix
- Strategy: analyzing external forces that shape the marketplace, identifying your organization's true competitive advantage, aligning functional disciplines with corporate strategy
- Integration: putting it all together through action-learning exercises
Who should attend
Directors, General Managers and senior organizational leaders who want to increase their knowledge in order to critically analyze business opportunities and challenges.