Who should attend
This workshop is designed for all trainers and training managers who need to learn or improve their course planning and presentation skills. It will also benefit trainers and training managers responsible for delivering technical and/or regulatory training.
About the course
In this workshop, you will learn to design, develop, deliver, evaluate, and manage environmental health and safety training programs. You will prepare and give a 20-minute presentation on a relevant workplace health and safety topic, while showcasing the skills and techniques learned in the course. You are encouraged to bring materials that you are currently working on to assist with completing the course exercises. This course will also serve as a review for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Certified Environmental, Safety & Health Trainer (CET) examination.
This workshop is a nationally recognized ANSI Z490.1 (2016) and BCSP CET Blueprint Conforming Workshop.
What You Will Learn
- How to design and deliver training to conform to ANSI Z490.1 (2016)
- Instructional strategies, methods, and media
- Learning styles differences
- The importance of evaluating training (tests and evaluations)
How You Will Benefit
- Prepare and conduct a training needs assessment and task analysis.
- Write a goals statement identifying the target audience and measurable and observable learning objectives.
- Identify techniques for training program managements and course revisions.
- How to meet specific needs of an organization
- What you know versus what you should know
- The steps leading to a meaningful outcome
- Necessary prerequisite skills
- Results of the training
- The foundation of any training program
- How to choose appropriate instructional strategies
- Techniques for effectively presenting performance objectives
- How to design training to meet your needs and not the trainer’s skill and knowledge level
- Learning objectives testing
- The effectiveness of the training materials and objectives
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.