Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The Institute is designed specifically to the needs and interests of stakeholders involved in training and education funds in both the United States and Canada:
- Training trust fund members
- Union/employer association representatives
- Administrative staff
- Training directors, coordinators and instructors
- Plan professionals
- Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) members
- Workforce development professionals and intermediaries
- Public employees and others who provide services to training and education funds.
About the course
Apprenticeship programs continue to grow in popularity as North America confronts a significant skills shortage and the increasing cost of postsecondary education. The Institute for Apprenticeship, Training and Education Programs provides education on effective trust fund management and best practices in U.S. and Canadian apprenticeship programs. Receive clarity on the complex issues surrounding an effective registered apprenticeship program.
Most sessions will be designed to address the common elements of apprenticeship programs in the U.S. and Canada. Sessions include:
- The Future of Apprenticeship Programs
- Strategic Planning to Drive Success
- The Business Side of Apprenticeship Programs
- Lessons from the German Apprenticeship Tour
- Finding Fraud and Abuse in Your Program
- Fiduciary Refresher
- Maximizing Classroom Time and Learning
- Supporting the Financial Literacy, Health and Wellness of Your Apprentices
- Positive Jobsite Culture
- Engaging Your Apprentices
- QPR Training
- Dealing with Behavioral Issues
- Introduction to Designing a Curriculum for Trustees
- Workforce Development Activities
- Promoting and Marketing Apprenticeships and Careers in the Trades
Benefits of Attending
- Learn best practices in the management of your fund and running your training program.
- Understand legal and regulatory requirements.
- Identify ideas and opportunities by networking with peers who face similar challenges.
- Receive valuable written resource materials.
Education: Master’s Degree in Dispute Resolution and a Bachelor of Arts degree, Marquette University; Master of Science (Management), Cardinal Stritch University Current Position: Private practice, KELLY CONSULTING LLC, a consulting firm that specializes in workplace dispute resolution, organizat...
Mr. Jeffrey C. Baldwin, also known as Jeff, CPA, CA, GBA, BBA (hons.) has been the President at Benefit Plan Administrators Limited (BPA) since 2011 and serves as its Privacy Officer. Mr. Baldwin oversees all BPA operational departments (administration, pension, claims) as well as finance and inf...
Frequently Taught Courses OPD 4825 - Ethical Behavior in Organizations OPD 4835 - Supervision in Organizations OPD 4845 - Improvement in Organizations TEC 5213 - Work Performance Technology TEC 5443 - Assessment & Evaluation Education Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Illinois. D...
Mike's professional practice is devoted solely to the representation of the Taft Hartley funds and related entities. He has represented clients in proceedings in state and federal court, in arbitration proceedings, and before administrative agencies. Mike regularly speaks at conferences hosted b...
Dr. Gaal is a consultant in St. Louis, Missouri and recently retired as the director of training and workforce development for the St. Louis–Kansas City Carpenters Regional Council. As a labor representative, he currently serves on the St. Louis Airport Commission, St. Louis County Workforce Deve...
j’Amey Bevan began her term as Board Chair on May 27, 2016. She holds a Boilermaker trade certificate with an Interprovincial Standards Red Seal endorsement, an Achievement in Business Competencies Program (Blue Seal) certificate and a Masters degree in Leadership through Royal Roads University....
Mr. Catenacci serves as the Firm’s Chief Operations Officer, and leads the Firm’s ERISA Practice Group. Mr. Catenacci focuses his practice on all areas of employee benefits law. He regularly advises fringe benefit plans across the country on the full range of issues that affect these plans, inclu...
Jim Estabrook is a shareholder of the firm of Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C. He has devoted most of his thirty-seven years with the firm attending to the legal requirements of privately held businesses. Jim has developed several areas of emphasis including federal and state es...
Mark draws on his unique blend of in-depth knowledge and perspective to provide tailored solutions that meet clients’ needs. Known as an outside-the-box thinker, Mark advises on all aspects of pensions, employment and executive compensation law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, insolven...
Jennifer’s mission is to change the way society values a career in the construction trades by helping training programs become more dynamic and powerful than ever before. She is respected as a thought leader on apprenticeship programs through her speaking, writing and hosting of the podcast, Talk...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.