Who should attend
This program is mainly targeted for the Top and Senior Management of organisations, who are already in leadership roles or are imminently moving into leadership positions in the organisation. It is Ideal for leaders and managers with 20+ years of experience of which 5+ years would have been in senior leadership positions. Senior Leaders from Business Organisations of different sectors of the industry and the Government, PSUs and Not-For-Profit Organisations are welcome to attend.
About the course
Leaders today are under significant pressure for success and business outcome than ever before. Globalisation has not only accentuated the speed of change but also has remarkably enhanced the multiple demands on the leaders by various stakeholders. Despite considerable attention, new research and insights, Leadership is an area of great concern for business organisations, and public institutions. This is further evident from the leadership crises situations emanating in recent times. Leadership crisis throw two generic challenges to an organisation. At the institutional level, it threatens to tear the moral fabric of the organisation and bring down the morale of the employees. At an individual level it introduces enormous stress, burnout and deprived meaning at the work place. The search for the right framework for leadership continues.
This programme uniquely contributes to this theme by a deep study of the Indian scriptures, primarily the Bhagavad Gita. Through contemplations and dialogues, and few meditative practices bringing out fresh insights, new paradigms and applicable practices to develop leaders in organizations.
This program will enable the participants and strengthen their inspiration and self–transformation, resulting in positive corporate performance aligned with individual joy the specific objectives are:
- To help the participants appreciate the myriad leadership challenges that they currently face in a structured framework
- To introduce a new framework of Inspirational Leadership based on Bhagavad Gita
- To provide specific inputs from the Indian scriptures that will enable the participants to develop specific skills and practices to address some of the leadership challenges
- To provide a host of tools and techniques from the current paradigms of leadership to enhance leadership effectiveness
- To help participants learn in a reflective mode significant issues affecting their thoughts and action.
The program begins with an overarching framework to analyse the leadership challenges that organizations face today. Further, a few well known leadership frameworks are analysed to show the direction in which the search for better leadership models are heading. Using the classical dilemma that Arjuna faced a comprehensive idea of “failed leadership” is introduced and using the arguments found in the Gita, a new framework for Inspirational leadership is proposed.
With these building blocks the program is anchored on four themes (Self Inspiration, Authenticity, Accommodation and Joy) to develop new insights and practices that can fully develop the idea of inspirational leadership into a workable concept. Some of the topics covered in the program will include:
- Inspirational Leadership: Lessons from the Gita
- Beyond the notion of Incomplete Leadership
- The notion of Failed Leadership (Insights from the Gita)
- Values for self-transformation and behavioural authenticity
- Psychological construct of an individual – The tri-guna framework
- Meditation & Mindfulness for enhanced Leadership performance
- Planning tools for mitigating the adverse effects arising out of ambiguity & uncertainty
- Mental Process for handling outcomes arising out of ambiguous situations
- Understanding the fundamental nature of work and outcomes
- Approach to work situations – The idea of Karma Yoga
- Mentoring and Coaching to facilitate the process champion facing this
B. Mahadevan is a professor of Operations Management at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, where he has been teaching since 1992. Professor Mahadevan has more than 23 years of wide-ranging experience in teaching, research, consulting, and academic administration at IIM Bangalore and ot...
Gopal P Mahapatra is a Professor of Practice, OB & HRM at IIM, Bangalore. Prior to this he was a Professor of Practice, OB & HRM at IIM, Indore . He has thirty plus years of corporate, consulting and academic experience in leading: Organisational Transformation, Talent and Leadership Deve...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.