Who should attend
This validation exam is required for insider threat program assessors who wish to pursue the following SEI credentials:
- Candidate Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessors
About the course
To insure the ability of a candidate assessor to identify and manage insider threat risk within organizations, the Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor (ITVA) Certificate Examination evaluates a candidate assessor's comprehension of the CERT insider threat assessment methodology.
The Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Certificate Examination is an objective evaluation of your understanding of the best practices for assessing Insider Threat risk. It is required for conferral of the Software Engineering Institute's Insider Threat Program Assessor Professional Certificate.
After registering for the exam, candidate assessors can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the candidate assessor will have 6 total hours to complete the examination.
Participants must achieve a minimum passing score of 80% for the Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Professional Certificate.
The exam covers the following topic areas:
- Insider Threat General Overview
- Insider Threat definitions, issues, and types
- Severity and impact of insider threat activity
- Unintentional Insider Threat
- Insider Threat Prevention, Detection, and Mitigation Strategies
- Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessment Methodology
- Insider Threat Assessment phases
- Insider Threat Assessment scope
- Insider Threat Assessment capabilities and scoring
- Insider Threat Assessment capability areas and focus areas
- Insider Threat Assessment team roles and responsibilities
- Insider Threat Assessment team practices as indicated in the ITA Software Engineering workbook guidance
- Insider Threat Assessment processes as indicated in the ITVA Data Owners workbook guidance
- Insider Threat Joint Assessment Tool (JAT)
The exam is based on instruction provided in the Overview of Insider Threat Concepts and Activities, Building an Insider Threat Program, and Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Training. You can reference the course materials as needed during the exam. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 6 total hours regardless of the number of questions answered.
You can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, you will have 6 total hours to complete the examination. After all answers are submitted, the exam will provide your score immediately. The minimum passing score for the exam is 80%. The exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions. For each question, the exam will require you to select the best answer and submit it as your response. You will not be permitted to change your answer after it is submitted. Please note that failure to select an answer to a question will be interpreted as an intentional action; unanswered questions will be scored as incorrect responses. Once responses have been submitted for all of the questions, your exam will be scored.
You may reference your notes as needed. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 6 total hours regardless of the number of questions you have answere
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.