Who should attend
This validation exam is required for insider threat program evaluators who wish to pursue the SEI Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate.
About the course
To insure the ability of a candidate evaluator to reduce exposure to insider risk and to strengthen insider threat programs within organizations, the Insider Threat Program Evaluator (ITPE) Certificate Examination evaluates a candidate evaluator's comprehension of the CERT insider threat program evaluation methodology.
The Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate Examination is an objective evaluation of your understanding of the best practices for evaluating Insider Threat program effectiveness. It is required for conferral of the Software Engineering Institute's Insider Threat Program Evaluator Professional Certificate.
After registering for the exam, candidate evaluators can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the candidate evaluator will have 6 total hours to complete the examination.
Learners can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the learner will have 6 total hours to complete the examination.
Participants must achieve a minimum passing score of 80% for the Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate.
The exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions. Each question has either four or five possible answers, only one of which is correct. The exam covers the following topic areas:
- Insider Threat general overview
- Insider Threat definitions, issues, and types
- Severity and impact of insider threat activity
- Unintentional Insider Threat
- Insider Threat Prevention, Detection, and Mitigation Strategies
- Insider Threat Program Evaluation Methodology
- Insider Threat Evaluation phases
- Insider Threat Evaluation scope
- Insider Threat Evaluation capabilities and scoring
- Insider Threat Evaluation capability areas and focus areas
- Insider Threat Evaluation team roles and responsibilities
- Insider Threat Evaluation team practices
- Insider Threat Evaluation processes
- Insider Threat Program Evaluation Tool
The exam is based on information found in the Overview of Insider Threat Concepts and Activities, Building an Insider Threat Program, and Insider Threat Program Evaluator training courses. You may reference the course material as needed. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 6 total hours regardless of the number of questions answered.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.