Insead Social Entrepreneurship Programme
Social entrepreneurship and impact business is a fast-growing movement that uses the tools of business to create positive sustainable results for society at every level. By developing and deploying innovative solutions to neglected societal problems, the leaders behind this approach are committed to improving our communities and the world in which we live.
More than a decade of work on social entrepreneurship has demonstrated that the growth of high-impact social ventures arises not in isolation, but in collaboration with companies, investors and an engaged public sector, all of whom strive to create a sustainable positive difference.
The INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme brings INSEAD’s strength as a global business education leader to this dynamic field. Since being launched in 2006, it has set the standard for top-tier impact business education.
The one-week programme combines cutting-edge theory and practice integrated with the deep academic knowledge of INSEAD faculty and insights from expert practitioners. It focuses on the business skills and frameworks that will help entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and investors grow their ventures to scale and maximise their impact. The discussion of case studies, many of which have been developed by INSEAD faculty, provides a platform to analyse the uniquely complex issues and challenges impact business leaders face.
The INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme continues to add value after the week-long programme. Graduates form a dynamic community of high-level impact business, sustainability and social enterprise leaders. Numbering more than 500 in nearly 80 countries, this network remains engaged through online collaboration, regular meetings and support. This exchange of ideas, innovations and experiences serve as a foundation for further research and understanding of the field, which benefits participants – past, present and future.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Understand your impact. Examine the role that impact venture leaders seek to play in their business and society and the key challenges that they face
- Develop your leadership and management skills. Build your leadership, organisational and negotiation skills to manage a growing social enterprise or impact venture
- Strengthen your tool kit. Apply business tools to empower communities and leverage markets to achieve sustainability and social impact
- Join a dynamic global network of leaders pioneering social innovation, impact and best practices.
The INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme brings together INSEAD’s renowned faculty with an international group of leaders in social entrepreneurship, to bridge the gap between human needs and the resources required to address them.
Along with case study discussion and analysis, the programme creates a forum for the exchange of experiences and practical knowledge. Participants join a vibrant and active past participant network.
Topics covered during the programme include the following.
PRINCIPLES OF SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Value creation by social entrepreneurship and impact business
- Balancing economic value and social impact
- Leveraging sustainable business for impact
- Applying market mechanisms for social change
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Leading mission-driven ventures and organisations
- Managing organisational change
- Negotiating for creating shared value
- Evaluating for sustainability and impact
STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
- Business model innovation for impact
- Building a sustainable revenue model
- Scaling up and funding impact ventures
- Launching sustainable impact initiatives in large companies
Who should attend
This programme is open to entrepreneurs and executives from companies or organisations involved in furthering the common good. Candidates should hold a leadership role (CEO, founder, or senior management) for social entrepreneurial or impact business activities, generally operating for at least three years. We welcome participants from both for-profit and non-profit organisations. A limited amount of financial aid is available for applicants with demonstrated leadership but requiring assistance to participate.