Who should attend
- Senior Partners of law firms
- Managing Partners
- Members of Management Committees of law firms
- Head of law firm departments
- Partners interested in developing managerial skills
- Managers and General Managers of law firms
About the course
Strategic leadership for law firms in a changing world
The law profession is facing a number of challenges, similar to other professions and industries: global competition and consolidation; commoditisation of many legal services; inroads from non-traditional competitors that offer an expanding number of legal services at lower cost, some helped by artificial intelligence; increasing sophistication of clients that have an expanding choice set; the development of digital platforms that aggregate services, create transparency and increase competition.
These trends create many challenges for law firms, small and large, but also offer opportunities for the firms that leverage the trends, develop a strategic vision, and adapt their organisation to be competitive in the emerging legal environment.
To be competitive, a number of skills need to be mastered, including developing a strategic analysis and view of the business; understanding the financial imperatives of being a leading firm in the emerging environment; honing negotiation skills to succeed in an environment with more diverse stakeholders; sharpening marketing skills to convince ever more sophisticated and better informed clients; augmenting leadership skills to position and guide the firm in the new environment; master appropriate and effective corporate governance architecture for law firms.
Working in partnership, INSEAD and Carnelutti bring together legal sector expertise and cutting-edge thought leadership from world-class faculty.
How you benefit
- Gain the tools and knowledge to make a difference. The programme will provide the models, tools and experiences to help lawyers master the management and leadership challenges and opportunities of law firms in the rapidly changing environment
- Share experiences and insights. The participants will engage in discussions about a number of topics: strategy analysis, marketing planning, leadership skills, corporate governance for law firms, financial analysis process, competing in the digital age
- Be immersed in an international classroom. The global environment of INSEAD combined with the diverse, international experience of the participants will provide a fertile and inspiring work environment to exchange best practice
- Understanding long-term profit dynamics in industries and eco-systems
- Shareholder value: rationale and investment guide
- Assessing competitive advantage and disadvantage
- Digital disruption challenges and opportunities
- Digitisation and customer centricity
- Achieving critical mass in platforms and ecosystems
- Governance challenges and choices for law firms
- Negotiation skills
- Leading firms through transformations
- Marketing in the digital age
- Leading in a multi-cultural environment
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.