Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A systematic approach to developing innovative solutions for continuous improvement
Problem-solving and process improvement are the two most important elements of efficiency innovation. Innovative solutions enable an organisation to have a set of lean and competent processes. Creative thinking becomes crucial for a business to compete better beyond achieving lean and capable processes.
The deliberate, structured and systematic approach of creative thinking and Kaizen process improvement allow the participants to:
- Focus on the right problem.
- Resolve problems and improve process efficiently using a simple, systematic and structured Kaizen approach.
- Lead team to develop innovative solutions with a deliberate andsystematic approach.
- Systematically appraise the benefits and risks of solutions generated.
- Assist in creating a creative and innovative organisation.
This workshop introduces a deliberate and systematic approach dealing with various business problems and exploring new and innovative solutions. This course is highly interactive, with participants experiencing the process improvement approach, and integrating various creative tools to develop innovative solutions. This process enables them to replicate the methodology when they are back to work.
There are five sections in this course:
- Kaizen and Kaizen Blitz – Differentiating Kaizen and Kaizen Blitz; the application of suggestion system and the A3 Simple Problem Solving approach.
- Creative Thinking – Creative Toolbox and the systematic approach to provoke creativity.
- Creative Focus – Problem definition, Six Thinking Hats and Mind Mapping.
- Creative Ideas – Introducing the creativity-provoking tools such as Creative Challenge, Concept Fan, and Random Inputs.
- Report outputs – Using Payoff Matrix to shortlist solutions and a systematic approach to appraising the benefits and risks of the prioritized solutions.
- Gain knowledge and skill to solve problems using the A3 structured problem-solving approach.
- Develop the ability to apply the deliberate and systematic approach to developing innovative and creative solutions.
- Create a conducive meeting environment for problem solving and creative thinking.
Your organisation will:
- Benefits from speedy problem solving with quality solutions.
- Over time having a set of lean and capable work process.
- Have a core team of creative personnel capable of generating innovative solutions.
Who should attend
This course is for:
- Personnel who actively participate in solving customer and process related issues.
- Functions responsible for improving company processes.
- Employees who seek a way to develop innovative and out-of-the-box solutions.
- Business owners and executives looking for an approach to foster a culture that strives for creative business problem-solving solutions.
- Lean Six Sigma practitioners keen to strengthen their team’s ability to solve day-to-day business problems and to harness their collective creativity to develop innovative solutions in the IMPROVE phase for business process improvement.
- However Six Sigma is not a course prerequisite, anyone can attend.
Trust the experts
Lim Lip Khoon
LK has a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Master in Business Administration. He has over 25 years of working experience in Process, Quality System and Business Process Improvement in a variety of industries in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand. LK has worked with an...