Who should attend
Level 2 | Supervisors, Executives & Emerging Managers
Level 3 | New Managers
About the course
You’ll need all the tools of the trade To fix all the problems ahead Innovative Problem Solving and Decision Making. Now even more accessible with SkillsFuture.
Thinking about all the problems we face today, have they become so complex that we are unable to find optimal solutions to resolve them?
Many problems in our organizations come about as a result of less than stellar decisions made in the past.
Why is it that we were not able to solve them and they keep coming back? Are we are only solving the symptoms and not the root cause? Are we using the same tried before strategies to solve these problems? Do we need to generate new ideas and ways of resolving them? This 3-day programme will equip participants with strategies on how to create an environment which fosters a new and innovative approach to problem solving and decision making. They will be exposed to processes, tools and key takeaways to help them be more effective in this area. The steps and actions presented are clear and practical ones but also ones that can have a strong overall positive impact.
Participants, as individual managers/leaders within organisations, will learn the importance of driving Productivity and innovation through a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. By understanding their role as leaders in nurturing and facilitating this culture with approaches such as design thinking, this should lead to improvements in topline (revenue) performance through its various forms – e.g. better products/services, larger market potential etc. - or bottomline (profit) improvements in the form of increased efficiency in processes, less wastage of resources etc.
- Provide leadership to create a culture that supports innovation and creative problem solving
- Facilitate teams in this problem solving process to discover and design innovation business solutions
- Use the innovation problem solving process to discover new and diverse solutions
- Select the best solution using criteria that takes into account the feasibility, risk and impact
- Implement the optimal solution; analyse the productive impact and make continuous improvements
- Introduction to Innovative Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Principles of creativity and imagination to increase productivity and innovation
- Creating and nurturing an innovative and creative environment/culture
- Developing an organisational culture of continuous improvement
- Promoting and sustaining innovation and enterprise
- Facilitating innovative problem solving in Groups/Teams
- Addressing conflicts and groupthink
- Innovative problem solving through Design Thinking
- Choosing a solution using appropriate tools
- Implementing, evaluating and continuously improving the solution
- Understanding risk and developing a risk management plan for the solution
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.