Who should attend
Innovation & Corporate Entrepreneurship is for companies or individuals who are looking to ensure their organisation promotes an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset. This may include:
- Middle, senior managers and executives
- Larger SMEs (50+ employees), mid-sized and larger organisations
- For-profit, not-for-profit, and public sector organisations.
About the course
Environmental dynamism, competitive rivalry, globalisation, and technological change all conspire to make even the most conservative and stable of industries uncertain, ambiguous and difficult to navigate. Surviving and thriving demands an ability to continuously adapt to this changing landscape. To prosper, you need an organisational imperative and capacity to innovate. The ‘gales of creative destruction’ are a positive force for economic development, but also represent a critical challenge for leaders and managers of organisations. How are you embedding innovation and entrepreneurship in your business?
Innovation & Corporate Entrepreneurship is a three-day programme which immerses you in the live online classroom for one day on each of the three programme weeks. The programme will give you practical and actionable learning, allowing you engineer processes toward innovation and not just execution. The focus will be on de-risking the process through small experiments, to fail fast and learn. Alongside innovative processes you will explore how to generate rewards for innovation, empowering teams and managers with the skills they need to engage in these behaviours.
- Learn the key aspects of organisational context that drive an innovation strategy and its execution
- Discover contemporary tools and processes for identifying new ideas for value creation, opportunity evaluation, and developing and testing ideas
- Explore what user centric design and innovation mean in practice and what the implications are for organisational culture and design
- Learn how leadership and organisational culture shape an organisations capacity for being innovative and entrepreneurial
- Apply tools for gathering data based insights about innovative capabilities in organisations
- Analyse any organisational context for its innovative capabilities (strategy, processes and culture) and be prepared to make evidence-based recommendations.
Over three distinct days you will learn both theory and practice, while working on your personal innovation initiatives.
How you learn on the course will inform how you create specific outcomes for your organisation, and will include:
- Cutting-edge case studies
- Immersive interactive tools
- Peer-to-peer discussions
- Understanding the sources and consequences of creative destruction (live lecture)
- Examining your organisation’s entrepreneurial orientation (interactive tool)
- Linking entrepreneurial orientation to organisational performance (live lecture)
- Exploring the innovation value chain (Live lecture and interactive tool)
- Case study discussion: Innovation and sustainability in a former state-owned enterprise
- Case study discussion: Systematic innovation processes work, including city government Developing an innovation strategy (live lecture) Exploring ambidexterity (live lecture and interactive tool).
- Why is this so difficult? The dominant logics, innovator’s dilemma, and the winner’s curse (live lecture)
- Case study discussion: Emerging business opportunities at IBM
- Prioritising and developing innovative opportunities (simulation exercise)
- Business models, lean startup process (live lecture).
- Exploring Creativity and design thinking (live lecture)
- Stimulating innovative employee behaviours in organisations (live lecture)
- Assessing the environment for intrapreneurship (interactive tool)
- Case study discussion: Haier purpose – creating an entrepreneurial ecosystem approach
- Case study discussion: W.L. Gore & Associates – an entrepreneurial culture
- Culture for corporate entrepreneurship (live lecture)
- Performing a culture audit (interactive tool).
Biography James'' research focuses on how human resource management practices foster organizations'' capacity for entrepreneurship and strategic renewal. In a second stream he focuses on the influence of cultural and psychological factors on entrepreneurial behavior. His research has been publish...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.