Innovation and Design
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Most organizations identify innovation as a strategic priority. Unfortunately, too often, innovation initiatives are not as successful as anticipated. Yet, public sector organizations can and do engage in successful innovation. This course is intended to examine the principles of innovation and position leaders to successfully lead innovation initiatives.
This two day workshop allows participants to develop a stronger understanding of innovation and, in particular, what is required to improve the effectiveness of innovation efforts. Day one examines the principles of innovation; explores different types of innovation, analyzes organizational innovation capacity as well as developing strategies and approaches to enhance the ability to implement and operationalize innovation initiatives. Day two explores design thinking through an experiential, team-based project that applies the methodologies and techniques of design thinking.
- Understanding the principles of innovation in public sector settings
- Examining different types and approaches to innovation in order to respond to a range of challenges and opportunities
- Exploring approaches to strengthen organizational innovative capacity
- Developing strategies that lead to the ability to effectively implement innovation initiatives
- Applying design thinking approaches in order to examine complex public sector challenges
- Examining approaches to apply design thinking mindsets and techniques in your Ministry