Who should attend
Whether you’re a senior executive in charge of a large business unit, a product manager, a director of strategy, or managing a difficult internal process, this online programme covers the full spectrum of concepts and techniques you need to ignite innovation in any kind of organisation.
- Worry about digital competitors?
- Want to understand how new ‘agile’ methods are useful, and try them out?
- Want to experiment with the business models of innovators like Amazon?
- Need to instigate dramatic improvements in efficiency and quality?
- Work with risk-averse individuals who hold back a culture of innovation?
Join executives from all over the world – working in a vast range of industries – to pool your experience and open new perspectives.
About the course
Gain the tools to ignite, manage and sustain innovation in your team, department or business unit. Navigate disruption with this practical online programme.
Make innovation work for you
Every organisation today faces disruption on an unprecedented scale. For their leaders, there are two choices: Innovate, or perish.
Benefits for you
- Learn anywhere, anytime: all programme content is fully tablet and phone compatible.
- Identify a key innovation roadblock in your company and create an action plan to overcome it with cutting-edge tools and techniques.
- Translate evidence-based insights from the latest research into actionable outcomes that drive real and sustainable impact.
- Access one-to-one coaching and gain the skills and confidence to secure buy-in at the highest levels in your firm.
- Build the mindset, experimental techniques and practical tools to push boundaries and ignite creativity.
- Feel at home navigating disruption in a constantly changing environment.
Benefits for your organisation
- Empower your leaders with cutting-edge research, insight and techniques to drive agility and innovation in your organisation.
- Gain an executive who can work closely with other senior leaders to transform your company.
- Build the talent to exploit new markets while sustaining competitive advantage in existing spaces.
- Keep on the pulse of new customer groups and digital behaviours.
- Ensure sustainable innovation becomes an integral part of your business strategy.
What you learn
- Before you begin, know what you want to leave with. What problem do you want to fix? Choose to focus on yourself as an individual, your team or your organisation. The programme gives you a manual to enact change immediately.
Module 1 | Building awareness: Why innovating is important to me right now
- Learn the basic principles of innovation, why innovation is the only option for success, and its many forms. Get conversant in the why, what and how.
Module 2 | Making it personal: Defining my own innovation challenge
- What battle are you fighting? Frame your challenge in a way that reveals answers, not just obstacles.
Module 3 | Generating ideas: Exploring possible futures
- Begin to connect ideas to your challenge. Develop models of thinking. Innovation takes bravery and vision. Learn how to stir your creativity with techniques that will serve you for a lifetime.
Module 4 | Developing ideas: How to take my concept forward
- Understand the techniques for selecting the most promising ideas and developing them further. Learn how to respond in a timely way to digital disruption.
Module 5 | From concept to action: Making my idea stick
- Design and run an experiment to unlock true growth. Use the ideas you’ve generated to develop a hypothesis and use our raft of materials to bolster your skill set at the same time. One-to-one feedback with learning coaches supports your journey. Weave innovation into your culture at work, by making it practical, and making it last. Step outside expectation and witness how the power of creativity can transcend limitations.
How you learn
- You work through five modules at your own pace, selecting material based on your own innovation challenge. Easily track your progress with points and badges for every stage, while learning coaches give you regular feedback.
- World-leading expert Professor Julian Birkinshaw will host two online webinars: one at the start of the online programme and one before completion. You will have six weeks to complete the full programme.
- Business leaders and experts are a key component to each module and add real context and insights to the concepts and techniques discussed.
- A professional coach will moderate discussion forums where you give and receive peer support, gaining sharp insights and new perspectives from like-minded, ambitious executives.
- Peer learning – in the form of discussion forums, learner mission reports, and surveys – allows you to track your progress and if you wish, compare it to others’ in your cohort on the leader board.
- The programme can be taken on any device and is fully mobile compatible.
Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute BSc (University of Durham), PhD and MBA (Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University, Canada) Professor Julian Birkinshaw was ranked 39th in the 2013 Thinkers50 list of the top global management thin...
Mary is a strategic consultant, specialising in innovation and brands. Her independent consultancy, Innovation Kinetics, helps clients spark growth at the front end of innovation, from strategy to idea generation and concept development. She spans multiple sectors from food, healthcare and travel...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.