Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Opus College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Knowing how to communicate effectively is essential for employees in all areas and levels. The amount of information one must respond to each day can be overwhelming and an obstacle in efficiency and productivity.
Between email, meetings and office conversations, we all have various impromptu situations requiring a clear message. Individuals who are able to effectively speak on the spot will be at a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace. Take the steps to improve your ability.
Clarity, Candor and Credibility
*Module 1: *
Learn how Aristotle’s Rhetoric –clarity, candor and credibility can aid in framing your every-day communication. Practice everything from structuring ideas to making a point and proving it, to responding to difficult situations persuasively. After this session, you will be able to:
- Speak confidently in difficult situations and convincingly sell a product, service or idea.
- Organize your thoughts and ideas to clearly deliver extemporaneous presentations in a persuasive manner.
- Use interesting and relevant examples to story-tell and drive your point across.
- Explain and present technical information in a simple and understandable way.
*Module 2: *
Shaping mutually beneficial transactions between individuals and organizations requires a complex set of skills. More specifically, today’s leaders must be adept at influencing others and subscribe to their vision. This isn’t an easy task, and yet, it is an essential skill for those who wish to truly make a positive impact on the organizations they serve. By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate credibility and build trust by being thoroughly prepared and committed to understanding the client’s concerns and issues.
- Develop the core competencies necessary to lead high-level discussions: listening, probing, surfacing issues, clarifying for understanding, and forging agreements.
Who should attend
Being an influential employee makes you and your company more valuable. Knowing how to communicate effectively is an invaluable skill that translates across all industries. The skills learned in this program will stay with you throughout your career. Whether you are a Mid-Level Manager, an Entry-Level worker, or a C-Suite Executive, influential communication skills will benefit you and those around you.
Common program participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Operations Manager
- Office Manager
- General Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Brand Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Individuals looking to advance in their careers or those making a career change