This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Four-day course about Europe
- Are you working on EU policy issues?
- Do you need to interact with EU institutions or agencies; or would you like to have access to the EU processes?
- Do you have to monitor EU legislative processes as part of your professional tasks?
- Do you have keep up to date with latest trends and developments
- in order to perform your day-to-day activities adequately?
- Would you like to improve your influencing skills?
- Do you want to extend your “EU” network?
If your answer to one or more questions is ‘yes’, then this course is very useful for you. This four-day course focus on acquiring knowledge about Europe, on high-level skills needed to be able to exert influence in the EU environment, such as complex leadership skills, insides into the decision making process and management skills. These managerial skills and insides acquired through the action-learning project are detrimental to succeeding in such a multifaceted environment.
Goals and value of the course
On the one hand you gain insights in the EU system of governance, European policies and the implementation of the EU legislation. On the other hand you acquire broader skills needed in order to grow you influencing skills such as an understanding of leadership abilities, underlying neurological networks that influence decision making and general management capabilities. Therefore, this course deals with a wide angle of aspects making it a well-rounded and suited programme for anyone working or wanting to work in the European Environment in Brussels.
What are you going to do?
The programme includes the following topics:
- The EU system of governance – Key players and decision-making procedures
- Leadership, change management, complexity and integrity
- Cooperation and networking: organisational context
- Strategy for exerting influence: Information gathering and monitoring strategy
- International Macro-economic perspectives and Imbalances in the Euro area
- Economic implications and scope for exerting influence
- Influencing and decision-making: Neurological perspective
- Economic Diplomacy
- International Management
- Implementation of EU legislation: how does it work and why does it matter?
- How to lobby in implementing and delegated acts?
Who should attend
This programme is interesting for representatives of businesses and interest groups who want to broaden their network in Brussels and want to grow their influencing skills in the European environment. You have a University or University of applied sciences degree and a minimum of three years work experience.
Trust the experts
Prof. Dr. Haico Ebbers is Professor of International Economics at Nyenrode Business Universiteit in The Netherlands. In his lectures, the emphasis is on the way economic transitions in many parts of the world will (re)shape the international landscape of companies and governments. He is linking g...
Annemieke Roobeek has been a Professor of Strategy and Transformation Management at Nyenrode Business Universiteit since 1997, the fourth professorship in her career. Between 1988 and 2002 she was Professor of Technology and Economics (Nyenrode), Wibaut Professor of Urban Studies (University of A...
Désirée Van Gorp
What Désirée van Gorp drives, is the combination of education, research and working with companies and the interaction with her students and alumni. Désirée is teaching in BSc, MSc, Executive MBA, Full time MBA, Modular MBA and various EEOD programs. She is proud of her teaching efforts resulting...