Industry Applications for the Internet of Things
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Berkeley Engineering Executive & Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Through IoT use cases, this course will enable you to understand new technologies taking shape and help you create a plan to capitalize on the latest developments.
WHAT IS THE INTERNET OF THINGS?
The “Internet of Things” (IoT) is the concept associated with devices becoming connected as the cost of sensors and connectivity continues to plunge. Connected devices can be as simple as a toaster signaling its status, or as complex as a jet engine streaming real-time updates during flight. More than 50 billion IoT connected devices are expected by 2020.
- How the Internet of Things is creating new opportunities for businesses
- Understanding the barriers and underlying technologies in the adoption of IoT
- How companies are reducing operational expenses and creating a competitive advantage with IoT
- Realizing the value created by collecting, communicating, coordinating, and leveraging the data from connected devices
- How IoT data is being used to enhance business strategy and impact the bottom line
- Understanding how to develop and implement your own IoT technologies, solutions, and applications
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
The Internet of Things (IoT) is already transforming how we live, work and interact with each other. All companies will be impacted by the use and deployment of IoT one way or another; strikingly similar to how the Internet impacted all businesses in the late nineties. This program focuses on the technologies behind IoT, it prepares participants to understand what the Internet of Things is and the potential impacts it can have on a business. The program reviews IoT business strategy from theory to implementation, describing how key decisions are made and how to avoid pitfalls. It will use actual case studies reviewing how industry leaders are deploying the use of the Internet of Things in industry
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
“Guest speakers are amazing! These guys have been there, done that. They have gone around, pitched their ideas successfully, sold their companies. I think this is a real-life lesson: this is not coming from a book.” “For me, the strategy portion is probably the most important. You’ve got very valid frameworks. This is the way to look at your markets, competition, value chain. Knowing that strategy helps to shape my judgment, increase my confidence and influence my decisions.” “Taking me out of my comfort zone and applying some of these principles to a new area outside my domain expertise is very useful.” Industry Applications for the Internet of Things
OTHER PROGRAMS OFFERED
- Design Innovation for the Internet of Things
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Technology Leadership
- Positive Leadership and Innovation
- Engineering Leadership Professional Program
- Silicon Valley Innovation Leadership Week
- Global Technology Leaders Program
- Lean Construction Principles Joint Certificate Program with the UC Berkeley Executive Education at the Haas School of Business
- Disruptive Technology and Commercialization
TAKING LEADERS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
UC Berkeley Engineering Executive & Professional Education prepares engineering and technical professionals for leadership roles by cultivating expertise and skills in technology and leadership.
THE UC BERKELEY ENGINEERING DISTINCTION
Recognized as one of the world’s top three engineering schools, we understand engineers and what they face as they move into leadership roles in global environments. We bring the perspective of a faculty of thought leaders - engineers who are creating tomorrow’s knowledge today - who have realworld industrial experience as entrepreneurs, heads of Research and Development, and consultants to industry. All of our programs incorporate these strengths as the basis of design and delivery so that our program graduates are well-versed in how to fill global engineering roles. We recognize the tremendous strengths and skills that engineers and scientists have developed through their education and experience. Engineers are adept at mastering complex systems and making decisions in the most challenging technological situations. We teach them how to apply these skills to global business and organizational situations and challenges.
Who should attend
Whether you are an independent entrepreneur or leading in a large corporate environment, we’ll help you discover how to take advantage of this technology trend and build concrete “next steps” for your business development strategy toolbox.