Indigenous Partnership Development Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Development Program to help non-Indigenous business and public sector employees work more effectively alongside Indigenous communities with greater understanding. Through each learning experience, we strive to provide a forum for Indigenous and non-Indigenous leaders to discuss key issues and engage in dialogue about the way forward.
This program aims to strengthen coalitions within Alberta and beyond by creating a space wherein all parties can hear each other, and establish a shared knowledge of history and vision for the future. Through success in these objectives, this program will be transformational in creating positive change within our province.
The Indigenous Partnership Development Program combines the insight gained through in-depth communication with industry and Indigenous leaders and research-based findings and leading practice. Through participation in the Indigenous Partnership Development Program, you will leave with real action plans and a toolkit for your organization.
- Identify the history and worldviews of Indigenous communities and how it applies today.
- Understand legal issues, consultation, consent and the legal rules of engagement.
- Interpret the social and political landscape when developing relationships with Indigenous peoples under the framework of UNDIRP and TRC.
- Build skills to better communicate with all stakeholder groups.
- Recognize challenges facing First Nations, and how life works for Chiefs.
- Develop effective strategies for building business partnerships.
- Construct strategies for youth engagement and developing community capacity.
Who should attend
Leaders who endeavor to build more effective partnerships between Indigenous businesses and communities.