Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with DePaul University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Income Tax Planning provides an overview of the federal tax system, including both personal and business taxation. You’ll learn how to advise your clients about the most effective methods of maximizing their wealth by reducing the tax burden. The course also highlights the potential pitfalls, ethical problems and consequences of IRS audits and enforcement activities.
- Income tax law fundamentals
- Tax compliance
- Income tax fundamentals and calculations
- Tax accounting methods
- Tax characteristics of entities
- Income taxation of trusts and estates
- Cost basis, cost-recovery concepts
- Tax consequences of like-kind exchanges
- Tax consequences of gain or loss on sale of assets
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
- Tax management techniques
- Passive activity and at-risk rules
- Tax implications of changing circumstances
- Charitable contributions and deductions
Who should attend
The Financial Planning Certificate Program is designed for anyone pursuing CFP® certification, including professionals in the fields of investment brokerage, insurance, banking, accounting and the law. In addition, professionals from other industries who want to make a career change and are looking for rigorous instruction in financial planning are encouraged to enroll.
Trust the experts
Richard has served in the financial services industry since 1976. He is enrolled to practice before the IRS and is a consultant for the IRS Special Enrollment Examination. He has taught for the College for Financial Planning since 1994 and DePaul University since 2002. Richard specializes in guid...