Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who desires to create and lead inclusive and equity-minded organizations that position diversity as a sustainable strategic imperative.
About the course
Each of us has a unique identity that emerges from and is shaped by history, our socialization, and culture. Workplaces that acknowledge individuals’ uniqueness cultivate inclusion and a sense of belonging that allow all to be their authentic self. Individuals who are able to be their authentic self are more productive, have higher levels of trust, and contribute to organizational success.
Beginning with an exploration of all aspects of your identity, this three session course examines the legacy and value of your uniqueness as an aspect of self-awareness. Session two considers relationship management through the lens of interpersonal communication with a specific focus on inclusive teams. Session three examines some of the ways in which authentic leaders can foster inclusive excellence and lead with humanity.
KEY PROGRAM TAKEAWAYS
These interactive, exploratory, and reflective sessions will help you:
- Understand the legacy and value of your unique identity to your role as a leader
- Assess how the self (and knowledge of the self) relate to issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Understand how trust, empathy, and civility are integral to creating inclusive organizations
- Develop your leadership skills and your ability to work humanely with others
- Apply inclusive leadership principles to managing an organization and cultivating a culture of belonging
- Create more inclusive and equitable organizations and organizational cultures
- Identify practices to help you overcome barriers to diversity, equity, and inclusion - including prejudice, stereotyping, implicit bias, micro-aggressions, and discrimination.
- Explain some of the ways in which managing diversity, equity, and inclusion, equity are essential business strategies for achieving organizational effectiveness and improving the quality of life in local and global environments
PhD, University of Texas at Austin; MA, CSU-Los Angeles; BS, Portland State University Naomi Warren specializes in communication issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with a particular emphasis on race, gender, social class, media representations, politics, and policy. Her teaching...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.