Inclusive Leadership: Thriving in a Diverse Workplace
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
There are many sources of diversity within workplaces, both visible and hidden. Valuing the differences present in teams and organizations has been linked improved productivity, performance, attendance, job satisfaction, and wellbeing. Leaders are integral to creating and maintaining inclusive workplace cultures. The main objective of this course is to provide you with knowledge and skills that you use to leverage the strengths present in diverse teams and create a culture that supports differences. This course will assist you to:
- Understand diversity and inclusion within the context of the Government of Alberta
- Engage and support diversity at work
- Recognize your personal biases
- Foster equity
- Leverage the diversity and unique perspectives each person brings to your team– to effectively achieve organizational goals and meet the needs of Albertans.
- These lessons will be illustrated through activities and discussions to help you apply the teachings within your own role.
- Definitions of diversity and inclusion;
- Benefits and challenges of diversity and inclusion;
- The Government of Alberta context as it influences an inclusive culture;
- The role of leadership in creating and maintaining an inclusive culture;
- Self-awareness of personal biases and leadership role as they pertain to an inclusive workplace culture;
- Practical skills for fostering an inclusive workplace.