Who should attend
- Team/department/front-line leaders and managers
- Leaders responsible for the organizational culture
- Emerging leaders looking to achieve—and succeed in—a leadership position
About the course
Lead so that every voice is heard and respected
Diversity and inclusion (D&I) has become a business imperative for organizations all over the world. However there remains widespread confusion around what inclusion is and how to create it in everyday workplace situations. In short, most organizations have already made the case for the “Why” of inclusion – but few have found ways to equip their people with the skills they need to be inclusive leaders.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this program is an interactive online experience designed to provide you with the tools you need to create and lead inclusive teams. Learn the language and tactics of inclusive communication. Foster an environment of mutual respect. Realize the benefits of diversity by making every person you work with feel included. Make inclusivity a good business, as well as a good human, decision
™Trademark of The Humphrey Group Inc.
Benefits for you
- Understand your role in creating the inclusivity you want, and clearly articulate your position
- Transcend your own subconscious cultural assumptions and biases
- Keep up with fast-changing norms and expectations around inclusion
- Learn the tactics of inclusive communication
- Help teams embrace inclusion while handling questions and objections
- Deal with over-sensitivity around issues like privilege
Week 1: Why Inclusive Leadership now?
Learn why Inclusion is a key organizational competency and why leaders are responsible for it.
- Unconscious bias and its impact on your perceptions
- Establishing the business case for D&I
Week 2: Who is responsible for diversity and inclusion?
Explore your individual responsibilities for being an inclusive leader.
- Why privilege and disadvantage matter at work
- Systemic vs. individual responsibility, equity vs. equality, bias and “-ism’s”
- Elective: Diversity & Inclusion Statements
Week 3: Adopting an inclusion mindset
Explore the internal mindset shift that all leaders must embrace to lead inclusively.
- Applying the 3 pillars of an inclusive mindset
- Benchmarking where you are at, and planning for tomorrow
- Elective: Taking a deeper dive into humility
Week 4: Practicing inclusive communication
Put your inclusion mindset to work by learning how to:
- Listen actively
- Speak and respond in the right way, and use language to demonstrate your inclusion mindset
- Elective: Increasing your inclusion vocabulary
Post-Program: Applying what you've learned to your role at work
You will receive a four-week plan for applying the inclusive communication tactics you have learned. Each week, you will select a challenge that outlines how to test a new communication tactic in the workplace, and you can communicate with your fellow participants about how your efforts are going.
The program includes takeaway tools such as:
- The Harvard implicit bias test
- Intersectionality wheel
- Privilege quiz results
- Various communication tools
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.