Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
D&I leaders and practitioners, HR leaders and practitioners and middle managers who want to broaden their perspectives on talent management as they identify and understand the impact of contemporary challenges and opportunities in the current business environment.
About the course
While most organizations establish talent management goals to ensure that they attract and retain employees who represent diverse groups, many fall short of these goals. This workshop offers a fresh perspective that reframes talent management by examining processes and practices for recruiting, on-boarding and engaging employees, through an inclusive lens.
This workshop offers:
- A systemic approach to talent management
- A broadened view of recruitment and retention
- A paradigm shift of the on-boarding process as a lever for engagement
Examine and discuss:
- Talent management, including a focus on strategy and organizational culture
- A systemic approach to recruiting, on-boarding and retention
- Tools for identifying organizational talent gaps and gains
- Methods to connect recruiting to business goals
- Strategies for impacting employee engagement through a systemic on-boarding process
Approach and Features
This two-day workshop features interactive exercises, a simulation case study as well as the development of an application learning plan to reinforce and apply key concepts. Participants engage in robust discussions that challenge current thinking about recruitment and retention. Networking opportunities are provided as participants from diverse industries, sectors and organizations share challenges, insights and best practices.
- The importances of organizational culture in driving the success of the talent management strategy
- Challenges and opportunities of recruiting and retention
- Business drivers for talent management
- The impact and influence of unconscious bias on talent management decision-making
- Aligning business strategy, talent management strategy and D&I strategy
- Emerging trends in recruitment and on-boarding
- Identifying talent gaps and gains
- Examining and advancing performance management, mentoring, succession planning, coaching and also systems, policies, processes and practices that influence recruitment, retention and on-boarding
- Developing a balanced approach to quantitative and qualitative measurement
Experience Owner Company Name The Chandler Group Cornell University, ILR School Adjunct Instructor Company Name Cornell University, ILR School Dates Employed2001 – Present Employment Duration18 yrs Vice President, Diversity Company Name The McGraw Hill Companies Dates Employed1995 – 199...
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioner: five years+ managing enterprise diversity and inclusion programs and creating strategies for success. Manager: ten years+ experience managing and motivating professional staffing to consistently drive initiatives to results; strategic planner; excellent peop...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.