Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Managers and executives
About the course
The highly popular SEEC 3-day Improving Presentation Effectiveness course is now redesigned delivering even more value in an engaging and interactive online format.
What you must know to make all your presentations powerful, compelling and persuasive in a virtual and online business world.
Your learning will include:
- Delivering Remote Presentations: How to use multiple technologies/platforms to engage geographically dispersed teams: Zoom, Adobe Connect, MS Teams, Webex etc
- Achieving Your Desired Outcome: How your virtual choices & your audience impacts presentation success
- Delivering Persuasive Presentations: Speak persuasively about anything; authority, “intention” and control; rivet your audience’s attention
- From Verbal Impact to Visual Impact: Tips and guidelines for on-screen effectiveness; success factors for PowerPoint
- Presenting to a Variety of Audiences: What to do online to make your purpose known and actionable offline
Course content details
Setting Audience Expectations
- Why fear of presenting is not your biggest challenge!
- How television and public school prevent you from succeeding
- Identify your personal challenges for the course
- Two keys to success presenters never think about
Achieving Your Desired Outcome
- How your virtual choices and your audience impacts presentation success
- How to get the results you want from every presentation
- Defining what you really want to happen
- Why the outcome is the hardest thing to write – and why it is the most powerful
- Why every presentation needs an offer
- How to use the chunk outline
- How to cut preparation time
- Anyone can present without notes; how to do it right
Delivering Persuasive Presentations
- How to use multiple technologies/platforms to engage geographically dispersed teams: Zoom, Adobe Connect, MS Teams, Webex, etc.
- Stay on track, in complete control, no matter what
- Speak persuasively about anything
- Voice and mood
- Authority, “intention” and control
- Riveting your audience’s attention
- Directing the cycle of action
- Speaking/moving with purpose, authority and confidence
Curiosity: The Secret Weapon of Persuasion
- Leading your presentation with authority and control
- How to overcome resistance
- How to deal with challenging and difficult questions
- Satisfy audience needs and get positive response
From Verbal Impact to Visual Impact
- Tips and guidelines for on-screen effectiveness
- Are you creating “death by PowerPoint”?
- Success factors for PowerPoint
- Storyboard: planning your visual delivery
- Moving “beyond bullet points”
- Powerful analysis tools that allow you to create powerful slides
Presenting to a Variety of Audiences
- What to do online to make your purpose known and actionable offline
- Why traditional approaches don’t work
- What senior audiences want
- How executives judge effectiveness
- Six heuristics of executive decision-making
- What you must include to be successful
Putting your New Presentation Skills into Action
- Managing presentation stress
- Use Power Point to your advantage
- Practice strategies for audience interaction
- Learn the best techniques to think like your audience
- How to use stories, humour, facts and examples for the highest impact
Biography Diana Kawarsky specializes in business communications for Schulich’s Executive Education Centre, York University. In addition, she is a facilitator, adult educator, coach and management consultant with Fortune 500 companies throughout North America. Her experience spans nearly 20 years....
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.