Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Executives who want to leverage Disruption
- Managers in charge of Strategy
- Entrepreneurs & Intrapreneurs
- Heads of Innovation
- Heads of Marketing or Communication
- Business Developers
- R&D Experts
About the course
Art Thinking is a method to create the improbable with certainty. In the 21st century, we need to become experts in the creation of the improbable for 3 main reasons:
To avoid obsolescence, companies need to develop improbable business models.
To compete with machines, humans need to be good at creating the improbable.
To solve the ecological crisis, we need to design improbable solutions to shift our paradigm
Improbable is a creative workshop to learn and experience entrepreneurship through art. Participants develop agility, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership by creating a piece of art which helps them to rethink their practices and mindset.
Develop entrepreneurial leadership to empower your colleagues and partners
Increase your ability to build a new inspiring vision for your project
Master agile methods of creation to deal with uncertain environment
Learn how to use diversity and improbable encounters to grow your network
Connect your passion and convictions with a project that creates value
Leverage failure to be creative and resilient (e.g. learn to learn and unlearn)
Challenge status quo and explore new path for your organization (e.g. critical thinking)
At the heart of the Art Thinking workshop there is the creation of a piece of art that gives you the opportunity to learn by doing. Your work of art must tackle a real-world challenge that concerns you. You and your team will collaborate to address this issue through the Art-Thinking Method which involves 6 main activities.
- Donation You will engage in gift-giving practices which foster new and unusual partnerships
- Deviation “Steal” from others to create unique propositions
- Drift Follow a journey without a clear goal but which will eventually make a lot of sense
- Destruction Challenge existing rules and values as well as unlearn your taken-for-granted assumptions
- Dialogue Discuss to learn, understand & change your creation
- Display Exhibit your work to get feedback and find new partners
Biography Sylvain Bureau , Ph.D. from Ecole polytechnique, is the Scientific Director of the Jean-Baptiste Say Institute at ESCP Europe. His key research topic is subversion in entrepreneurship, on which he is collaborating with colleagues at Stanford University and University College of Lon...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.