Who should attend
This course is for those who are involved in implementing their organisation’s strategy, from key business functions, such as marketing, sales, finance, human resources, operations and information technology. People attending typically have management experience or a leadership role in their organisation.
About the course
You have your strategy – now you want to implement it.
This workshop provides a logical framework for implementing strategy. It highlights the key stages in the process; potential pitfalls along the way; and provides a rounded view of the challenges and practices which will impact on achieving your desired outcomes. This course assumes an appreciation of strategy development.
- An understanding of the context for strategy implementation as an organisational imperative and the barriers faced in making it happen effectively
- How to evaluate your organisation’s current level capability and experience in implementing strategy
- How to build the right organisational environment and capability for effective strategy implementation
- An insight into the key aspects of making strategy implementation work and deliver the desired strategy outcomes
- How to approach performance management effectively; and performance management’s role in keeping strategy implementation on track
- Using organisational learning from strategy implementation to improved organisational delivery capability
Kevin Lloyd is an experienced, strategy and innovation specialist who has built and led innovation teams in a corporate environment across various sectors including retail, communications and B2B services. In business, Kevin has practical experiences of establishing a New Product Development t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.