Who should attend
- Senior leadership at hotel properties
- General managers
- Executive committee personnel
- Managers hoping to move into a senior leadership position
- Hotel owners
- Corporate-level managers interested in formulating business-unit and corporate strategy
About the course
You've worked tirelessly to create an effective strategy that takes into account your organization's mission and vision and any related risk factors, as well as the competitive landscape in which you operate. Now what? Implementation is the crucial next step in this process, but there can be many pitfalls along the way.
This course will provide you with the tools to recognize why strategic implementation can fail; how you can create an organizational structure and culture that will support and fit with your overarching strategic goals; and how to establish systems, measures, and incentives to effectively implement your strategy.
You will complete this course with an action plan in hand that will enable you to confidently lead the implementation of your strategy in your organization.
It is recommended to only take this course if you have completed “Fundamentals of Hospitality Strategy” and “Formulating Hospitality Strategy,” or have equivalent experience.
Key course takeaways
- Make time for implementation and develop operational objectives
- Design organizational structures and diagnose organizational culture for strategic fit
- Create measures, control systems, and incentives to manage, monitor, and implement strategic initiatives
- Build an action plan for leading implementation
Cathy A. Enz is the Lewis G. Schaeneman Jr. Professor of Innovation and Dynamic Management and a professor in strategy. She currently serves as the associate dean for academic affairs in the School of Hotel Administration. Her prior administrative roles included serving as associate dean for indu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.