This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become UK law in May 2018, introducing much stricter rules for gathering and storing sensitive data as well as increased powers for regulators.
Implementing GDPR: Private Sector has been designed specifically to inform the team member(s) with data protection responsibilities of the key elements of the new data privacy law and to assist them in identifying potential risks, plan and allocate the required resources and provide guidance to the organisation on its path to GDPR compliance and is applicable to all industry sectors. The workshop session will strengthen their skills and assist them in providing peer support and guidance within the organisation on its path to GDPR compliance.
The course includes:
- Understanding the new privacy law (GDPR) and its possible implications
- Understanding the responsibilities of a Data Controller
- Dealing with Data Processors (DP’s)
- Potential impact on your organisation
- Timeframe of implementation
- Overview of the record of compliance
- Overview of important actions
- Identifying sensitive personal data
- Understanding encryption and its practical uses
- Performing privacy impact assessments (PIA)
- Creating compliance records
- Completing a subject access request (SAR)
- Reporting a breach to the ICO
The planned outcome is to enable key individuals to confidently identify data types within their organisation, understand the requirements for each of the data types and support their organisation and fellow colleagues in implementing the new legislation.
Trust the experts
Darren is our lead privacy consultant who is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and has been providing data handling consultancy and training for over 9 years through his roles as SME Consultant and compliance advisor. Darren also volunteers as a school gove...