SIM Professional Development
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
- (Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
Companies are keen to engage in innovation, but only a handful actually create extraordinary results. How can an organisation break out of its mould and think creatively? How can we use design thinking to generate ideas for transforming customers’ experience? Blending Design Thinking and Systems Thinking, this programme offers a rigorous means of creating strategies that work. This hands-on course forges learning through an actual practical case study, where participants will create something amazing, because learning happens best when it is real.
Benefits to You
Participants will learn a rigorous framework for innovation and strategy creation including tools for Design Thinking phases of inspiration, ideation and implementation as well as Systems Thinking approach to mapping causality and interconnections. Ultimately, the participants will be able to create breakthrough results for their organisation.
- Understand the concept of Design Thinking and Systems Thinking
- Understand and apply a rigorous framework for creating strategies
- Understand and apply Design Thinking and Systems Thinking tools
- Concepts and principles of innovation and strategy creation
- Mindset of Design Thinkers and Systems Thinkers
- A framework for systematic approach
Design Thinking and Systems Thinking tools:
- Empathy Map
- Stakeholder Map
- User Journey
- K-J Method
- Heuristic Ideation Technique
- Causal Loop Mapping
Hands-on practice at innovation and strategy creation
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available