Impact Measurement and Management for Investors
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Impact Measurement and Management (IMM) is a cornerstone of impact investing. As impact funds (and those that invest in them) target specific impact and financial returns, they must integrate robust practices to generate and use data to advance the intended social and environmental impacts from these investments. In practice this is often challenging, given the plethora of approaches, frameworks and tools available, and the challenges of time, cost, and capacity.
This four-day workshop will provide a detailed overview of the key stages and decisions of developing an impact thesis, measurement approach and management strategy for an impact investment fund. We will explore topics such as impact due diligence, indicator selection, portfolio-level approaches, and impact reporting. Participants will engage with practical case study examples and tools to explore and apply the critical facets of IMM for impact investing.
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of the impact measurement ecosystem globally
- Learn about how to develop an impact measurement strategy for your impact investing portfolio
- Explore established and emerging impact measurement approaches, standards, frameworks, and tools
- Build practical skills in integrating impact across the impact investment lifecycle (e.g. impact due diligence)
- Learn about global and African best practices of designing and implementing impact measurement strategies
- Explore opportunities in emerging technologies (AI, Blockchain, remote sensing, Iot) and impact measurement
This interactive four-day investment training opportunity offers a rich learning experience that blends theory and practice, featuring leading experts and practitioners in the field.
Day 1: Impact measurement ecosystem and impact thesis: Develop a sophisticated understanding of the impact measurement ecosystem, and how to develop an impact thesis / theory of change.
Day 2: Designing an impact measurement approach: Best practices and tools for building an impact measurement approach, including impact due diligence and indicator selection.
Day 3: Managing for impact: How to navigate and address the various challenges and opportunities for impact management across transactions and portfolios.
Day 4: Innovative Financing and emerging technologies for impact (Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning): Learn about what is next in the world of impact investing and technology.
Who should attend
This short course is for funders, lawyers, intermediaries, development finance professionals and consultants who are interested in understanding how to best capture impact data and manage their organisations to optimize their impact.